1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 101 Rookie Larry English

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006

Larry English with Morod Shah
    Posted Nov 13, 2009

NFL 101 with rookie Larry English

The last couple of weeks have been pretty amazing. After our win at home against the Raiders, we went to New York to beat the Giants. It was cool to see the big city and even better to come home with another win. All of our hard work and dedication is paying off. It doesn’t get any easier this week with the Eagles coming to town. The guys and I have really been preparing all week for Sunday’s big game and I feel confident we will shine. We have to be able to stay on our game plan and keep a high motor because they have guys over there that have the ability to make big plays and, as a defense, we need to pursue the ball.

Personally, after passing the halfway point of the season, I can say that I feel great, both mentally and physically. The body is holding up well and at this point, I’m becoming more and more comfortable. I’m starting to pick up more on pass coverage and understanding the concepts of it all. It’s a good feeling because, coming in as a rookie, that was going to be a big challenge for me. I had never done it before and I feel good about my progress so far. I’m at the point where I am real comfortable in what I’m doing as a football player and that has been part of some of the success that I’ve had on Sunday’s. My goal is to get better and better every week. I’m never really satisfied; I always want to do better on every down; in every game. It has really helped that guys like Stephen Cooper[​IMG], Shawne Merriman[​IMG], and Shaun Phillips[​IMG] have taken me under their wing and showed me the ropes. I’m constantly learning from these guys and it has been a great experience playing alongside them. I’m excited on getting back out there on Sunday and playing the Eagles because I think it’s going to be a good one for us.
  2. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Dec 4, 2006
    Class is in session. Go get em' Larry!
  3. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2008
    tear em up Larry!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tup: