1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 30 to Watch: Vincent Jackson

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bawl Movement, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Bawl Movement

Bawl Movement BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Didn't see this posted. Just FFL stuff, but it reiterates what A.J. said about Jackson needing to step up. I also don't agree with the part about the size of the WR crew. They're all big now except Parker.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...ncent-jackson-san-diego-chargers-wide-receiv/

Even when Keenan McCardell was around, the Chargers wide receiver depth chart was about as star-studded as your average episode of Hollywood Squares. But McCardell's waddled off into retirement, and drafting in the 30-spot, the Bolts weren't really in a position to get any immediate help there.

They did roll the dice on Craig Davis, a 6'1", 207-lb. receiver out of LSU who was not the best receiver on his own team. But he's not the guy they're counting on to boost the WR corps this year. Who is? A fellow named Vincent Jackson.

He's 6'5" and 240 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal. Towards the end of last year, Jackson got on the field and while I'd stop short of saying that he "lit it up," he did make an impact. Over the last four regular season games, he racked up 286 yards and 3 touchdowns.

He and Phil Rivers had a pretty good groove, and Rivers wasn't afraid to go to him in clutch situations. Jackson didn't just make catches, he made catches that mattered.

Bottom line: Jackson's in a fantastic position this year. He'll be starting opposite Eric Parker, a more reliable, possession-type receiver, leaving it to Jackson to make the big plays. It seems like forever since the Chargers had a decent receiver with any size, and I expect Jackson will have a big impact this year ... for both the Chargers and for your fantasy team.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I like Jackson, he just needs to continue to learn and get better. The glaring mistake of not dragging the toe in the Patriots game hopefully taught him a lesson, and I remember a few occasions he didn't go up to get the ball and instead waited for it to come down to him. He's 6'5" tall, and if he starts going up to get balls, he will be tough to defend.

3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    ...and they wonder why the Governator calls them "gurly-men"... :icon_rofl: