1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL admits to wrong call in Chargers game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by FCBolt, Sep 10, 2013.

1. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Just reaffirms the point that part time employees aren't as compotant as full time. When is the NFL going to get their s.h.*t together and make ref's full time!

2. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +317
    Wow... really??!!.....Damn.
    Not saying it would've made a difference., but hell., it might of .:unsure: :poop:

3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,511
    My problem with the call was that it wasn't a "judgment call" that the ref got wrong. He simply didn't understand the rule........ and that's a problem. The rule clearly states that it is a blow to the head or neck area of the center, or hitting with the crown on the helmet by the defender (on the center)....... neither of which occurred.

The refs have one job - to understand the rules and enforce them. If they don't understand the rules, how can they apply them properly? This was a major black eye for the NFL refs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Jus as I said in the game thread, if there is a new way for a team to get screwed by the officials the Chargers will be the first to unveil this rhetoric to the NFL world. I jus wish we didnt have to be the team that gets the FIRST time ever call of a new penalty on them. I mean CMON you could have called a bad call in any of the other 15 games and got the word out about this new rule.