1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL All Undrafted Team

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I just got an email from Andy Benoit, author of several NFL book including "Touchdown". He's got a new website www.NFLTouchdown.com and I went to check it out. I found this article that I thought was a pretty interesting list. None of these players were drafted. Amazing.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    NFL All Undrafted TeamMay

AJ Smith, showing off his skills

3. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Seems like a disproportionate number of those players are (or were) Charger property.

Will some mathematician (or anybody who's not stoned...) do the percentages on this? :icon_huh:

4. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Okay... I did the math... 48 players were listed. 6 of them, at one time or another have been Chargers. (I'm including Wes Welker and Fakir Brown, for instance).

So one-eighth of all the players listed have connections to the Chargers, while the Chargers are one of Thirty-Two NFL teams.

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Mother Fakir!! :lol:

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    NFL All Undrafted TeamMay

No ****. AJ just knows how to find the talent.

so AJ is GAWD.:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Great read - it is kinda embarassing for some of the GM's after reading this. Anyone can grab the top ranked draft pick, but it take talent to find the jewel in the rough

8. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Eric Parker 4 life! haha Clinton Hart:icon_rofl:

9. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...It would be even more interesting if that list showed exactly which teams originally signed these gems as UDFAs and made the teams. That would grade both scouting and coaching acumen. Just gazing at that list, an uninformed person might come to the retarded conclusion that Welker was a Patriot-find. We all know AJ's magic, so we know the truth. Another team that does a fantastic job of uncovering gems is Green Bay. There are a lot of very late round picks and some UDFAs who make their team.

10. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

How does Tommie Kelly of the raiturds qualify?? didn't play only 7 games last year before tearing his knee? So Al Davis made him the world richest ACL/MCL surgery patient, big whoop de doo!! my .02 cents worth.

Stan :rivers17:

11. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Dont you think the Dolphins are kicking themselves for not tendering Welker at a higher rate. Who knew Welker would be such a hot commodity after we waived him!

Stan :rivers17:

12. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...They're kicking themselves for sure and maybe AJ just a wee bit too. Wes is a Tim Dwight type. Tough, versatile and a team player. We got ourselves a big one of those now, Wardaddy :tup:

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd say that you're over-valuing your opinion.

AJ & Co. do a nice job of looking at small school talent & taking chances on guys who have had sever injuries. Most GM's just don't have his cojones.

14. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    I remember that when Joe Theismann was on the MNF broadcasting crew, he would not say the name "Fakir". Insetad, Joe called him "Fa Brown".

I never, EVER heard anybody else call the guy "Fa Brown" in the ensuing 8 or so years.

Theismann = :joke:

15. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The Arena League Scrub with a Fan Club actually made a list .......

The Aztec Fanboy Mafia is gonna be pissed that Osbad was left off the list ....

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Go figure. PO'd at him or not. An UDFA who made the pro bowl ought to be on the list.