1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL-Chargers marketing FAIL......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerMike, Nov 29, 2014.

1. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    I've been a hardcore Bolts collector for years now., and I can't believe how the NFL can overlook such a obvious flaw on their merchandise......
    Two are so notorious......the Bolts are F'n BACKWARDS on the helmets........:confused::confused::eek::eek:

The TinyMates are one thing., which is horrible., but F**k..., they F**ked up the 2007 Ladainian McFarlane....the Bolt is BACKWARDS on the helmet on EVERY SINGLE production........
    This really pisses me off how people get our logo so confused......LONG IN THE FRONT....SHORT IN THE BACK.....GET IT RIGHT...G'DAMN IT.....:mad::mad::mad:
    It amazes me how often this is done..I see it all the time...I guess if you're not a fan it could be easy to f**k it up.....I guess...:confused:....drives me insane......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A modified LT to look like Rodney.....but the helmet is the focus.......
    [​IMG]

2. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    Sorry...just had to vent......:cautious:...gggrrr....

3. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    UH....ANYWAY.....

[​IMG]

4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I hear you, stuff like this bugs me, probably why I hate the current unis with upside down bolts on the arms so much. Every game at the stadium I see someone with a jacked up knock off jersey that just makes me cringe. But hey, it's not mine. I also don't care for jerseys that never existed. I saw a Winslow powder blue that is invalid. He came along after the powder blues, and they didn't do alternates or throwback days when he played, so he never wore that jersey. Or a Fouts on the current jerseys.

Just my view, no need for anyone to get butt hurt if they have a crappy knockoff or a powder blue Winslow.

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Did that LT figure come with the post season bench?

Was there one that came with the bike?

Yea lookin at Riddell mini helm I got a while back and the bolt jags/teeth are backwards.

6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341

Still wearing my 07 reebok rivers jersey.

I almost had a few extra bucks months ago and was about to buy a decent Gates knockoff authentic for 30$. But I paid my phone bill instead. Was gonna use the money on a door handle but I sold that car.

I too hate the bolt on the sleeves, when I was still learning the game of football and I was interested in watching a particular player the numbers on the sleeves allowed me to do that. (watching on a tv)

Imo that sleeve should be the mandatory player number spot not way up on the shoulder pad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    My buddy gave me this LT McFarlane. Wow, I never looked that close at the helmet. Now I can't unsee it, hiding the helmet under his feet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Can the team just go to the original home and away powder blue/ white powder blue jerseys. The same ones they wore 2009. I say take that and make 80's jerseys alt or the 2006 ones.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    Yes., this McFarlane came with the bench....no, there was never one with the bike.
    I always see this particular figure selling in "bulk" quantities....I'm think'n the flawed helmet is the reason why.

10. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    Current eBay auction.....Custom Charlie McFarlane......UGH....it just never ends.....such a shame too....:(
    (Even the shoulder Bolts are upside down....WTF???!!!:tdown:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,159
    Charlie is one of my favorite Chargers of all time.
    I had a #18 jersey in 1984, when almost no one had actual jerseys.
    Been lucky enough to meet the great man, and I'll always list him among the best.

But for God's sake, that doll should be burned! What an atrocious pose!
    Looks like he should be wearing a 49ers uniform. No, no, no!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Cool. What did you have for lunch that day?

j/k - I was in a feisty mood and those details struck me as hilariously unnecessary. :p

13. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,159
    Unnecessary?!? Au contraire! He had me at "door handle."

Now I'm imagining some poor bastard driving around St. Louis, with a "new" used car,
    but no door handle...just because T-Horse wanted to retain his phone service by paying' a bill...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Would u believe if I said that was intent...

15. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Well the guy I sold it to is in fact driving it around without a driver door handle.

Would it be inappropriate to mention the guy only has 1 arm?

Driving around jeff city actually. But it's about a wild west here as much as stl as far as relying on help from law enforcement officers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Well done and duly noted. In the future I will merely smile and quietly appreciate your intentionally verbose irrelevance.

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Who doesn't love a :poop:-talker?