1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Circle of Life

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gobigblue, Jan 16, 2008.

1. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Jul 14, 2007
    I'm watching NFL Live and NFL Network and am at awe how our organization has come around. February 2007, we just lost Wade Phillips to the Cowboys and Cam Cameron to the Dolphins. Our coaching staff was being raided and it was mostly due to Marty. Management is displeased with the entire situation so they let Marty go.

Management then takes the continuity excuse and selects Norv to run the team, Teddy to run the defense and the dark horse....pick up Rivera to oversee the LBers. Rivera's influence has made Cooper the player he is I think and a greater influence that made the team #1 in takeaways in the NFL.

Fast forward to the end of September 2007. The Chargers are 1-3, the Cowboys are 4-0, and the Dolphins are 0-4. I only mention the Dolphins because with the struggles of the offense, many are calling for the return of Cam. The Chargers just lost to the Chiefs at home and many of the fans are chanting "MARTY", booing Rivers and Norv as they are shown on the Jumbotron, and calling for the promotion of Rivera to DC.

Fast forward again to the present. Cam is long gone, having finished 1-15 and possibly the worse year in Dolphins history. Wade is watching his coaching staff disappear before his very eyes and suddenly his "hot" OC is in danger of leaving the organization thus leaving his coaching status in limbo.

In the meantime, in sunny ole San Diego. AJ is again deemed a brilliant GM for his hiring of Norv. Norv is applauded as having turned around a "dysfunctional" organization. Teddy is being more aggressive. Rivers....well he is no longer being looked as a bust but rather the gutsy QB that's guided his team to two playoff wins.

The Chargers offense can no longer be called one-dimensional with LT and the running game. We actually have three go to receivers in Gates, Chambers, and Jackson. It's scary to think that next year we'll get Parker back and have Davis and Naanee with a year of experience.

On defense, we'll probably say good bye to Polk but I'm sure a healthy Waters will make us all forget about him. Our LBers look stacked again with Tucker, Siler, and the immergence of Cooper and Wilhelm with a very successful year as starters. Weddle and Cromartie have helped solidify our secondary. Oh and AJ has yet another draft coming up to help find a safety and possible replacement for Jamal Williams.

Good ole sunny San Diego is looking brighter as ever!!!
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2006
    All I'm hearing this week is hate for the Chargers.
  3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2006
    me too and lets stay focused on it
  4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Aug 15, 2006
    Embrace it.

Once we win a few Super Bowls, AJ's crown of greatest Gm n the history of the league will be solidified.
  5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Jul 12, 2007
    I like cheeseburgers. Embrace the Lactaid Fast Act.
  6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    There is no way to know for sure, but I suspect we have broken some sort of NFL record for bulletin board material. I trying to fathom the emotional miasma that will develop in New England if the Gimps from SoCal whack the Pats. The Guard will be out to prevent looting. It'll be weeks before they can have sex again.
  7. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Oct 13, 2006
    Did Wilhelm even play during the Colts game? Don't remember seeing him.