1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Coaches Hate Terrell Owens More Than Chad Johnson

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Jul 15, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    NFL Coaches Hate Terrell Owens More Than Chad Johnson

link

The fine fellows at Hashmarks conducted a wide-ranging interview with NFL head coaches, covering everything from the league's dirtiest player to its best quarterback to brainiest defender. The survey also asked coaches which "Pro Bowl-caliber player would they not want on their roster?"
    Of the 20 head coaches who responded, 14 voted for Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens, who was the runaway winner. Chad Johnson of the Cincinnati Bengals was a distant second with three votes.
    In case you're wondering, Randy Moss, Drayton Florence and Adam Jones each got one vote.

(dumb joke edited out).

So, why is T.O. the runaway winner in what seems like should be a pretty tight race? Since coming to Dallas, Owens has been the model teammate (if we're willing to overlook that whole weird suicide thing, anyway), even going so far as to blubber for his teammate.

During the last year or so, Johnson has been a monumental pain in the *** for the Bengals and their fans, but if we're comparing the two, T.O. is historically much more disruptive. I think the Ravens and the Eagles would agree, and the fact that Andy Reid had to sit him out of training camp before eventually trying to "Keyshawn" him pretty much says it all.

During the spring, Johnson was vocal about wanting to play anywhere but Cincinnati, but once it became clear that he could lose a lot of money to make a point, he piped down, was contrite, and showed up to work like nothing happened.

The thing is, I'm guessing Marvin Lewis would love to trade T.O. for Ocho Cinco straight up, but there's a great chance we'd see the old Owens as soon as the Bengals started the year 0-2.

Drayton Florence? I had no idea.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    TO? The guy who pissed off three different coaches in three different cities and forced his way out of two of them?

NO!!! REALLY????

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Johnson's always been egotistical, just lately he's been an *******

3. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Yah, I'd be curious to know which coach cast the vote for DFlo... and the circumstances that led him to. :icon_shrug:

I was content to have him walk because of his paycheck to productivity ratio. There were times he played well, but Jebus, the guy made a LOT of mistakes, too, and Jax paid a fortune for him.

4. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I am not surprised coaches don't like him, I am surprised anyone would consider him a "pro-bowl-caliber" player. The dude's a hack.

5. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    When compared to the rest of the league he is an above average if not an inconsistent corner. He would really have to focus to get to the level of pro-bowl-caliber player.

The killer was his unpredictable behavior in key situations. They guy was like an excitable puppy. A big fat steak would be served up to him and the team and all he could do was piss on the floor.