1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL.com Chargers Preview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Aug 26, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Moving on.... Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +1,428
    http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=09000d5d80a4588c&template=with-video&confirm=true

2. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    These guys must be sooooo bored writing this garbage. Where he gets 6 losses from is anyone's guess.

3. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Rivers is on the "hot seat"? I doubt it. Not after the season he had and especially the playoffs.

Gates is falling in the fantasy ranks. Fine with me. I'll take him over any other TE.

And I don't think Hester is locked into the #2 spot behind LT.
    After watching Sproles last night, he will be #2 and Hester will be a short yardage bruiser. But not short and goal though. Seattle stacked him up last night.

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    It's bizarre to me that a lot of analysts don't seem to give the Chargers any real credit for being an excellent team in their own right. They seem to think the Chargers are a pretty decent team in a horrible division. It's like they think we're the '05 - '07 Padres. How can some analysts look at us and see an elite team, and others look at us and see a team that's barely a playoff contender?

10-6? Man, I don't know where anyone sees 6 losses on our schedule unless they just think we're going to lose every tough game we play. It's like they looked at our schedule and said; "Well, they got tough games against Carolina, New England, Indy, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay, and dammit, they're gonna lose ALL of them."

Worst-case scenario we split those six games, and then I sure don't see another three losses on our schedule.

5. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    AT LEAST 16-0 :lol:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,068
    Do they do any research on Jyles Tucker at all or is it just because he's a UDFA, because he played limited in 2007 that it is just assumed he can't do anything?

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    100% agreed. I was watching highlights of last season's Raider game and Tucker was A BEAST. Then again anyone could like a pro bowler when they play against a team THAT awful.

8. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Well it is a fact that he hasn't played very much, so we can't really say how well he will do. He showed flashes in his limited time last year, but you can't extrapolate a whole year from that.

And unfortunately, as good as he may be, he isn't Shawne Merriman. So our defense will probably take a hit. Not a huge one like if we didn't have Tucker, but still a hit.