1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL.com Chargers Preview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Aug 26, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=09000d5d80a4588c&template=with-video&confirm=true

2. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    These guys must be sooooo bored writing this garbage. Where he gets 6 losses from is anyone's guess.

3. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Rivers is on the "hot seat"? I doubt it. Not after the season he had and especially the playoffs.

Gates is falling in the fantasy ranks. Fine with me. I'll take him over any other TE.

And I don't think Hester is locked into the #2 spot behind LT.
    After watching Sproles last night, he will be #2 and Hester will be a short yardage bruiser. But not short and goal though. Seattle stacked him up last night.

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    It's bizarre to me that a lot of analysts don't seem to give the Chargers any real credit for being an excellent team in their own right. They seem to think the Chargers are a pretty decent team in a horrible division. It's like they think we're the '05 - '07 Padres. How can some analysts look at us and see an elite team, and others look at us and see a team that's barely a playoff contender?

10-6? Man, I don't know where anyone sees 6 losses on our schedule unless they just think we're going to lose every tough game we play. It's like they looked at our schedule and said; "Well, they got tough games against Carolina, New England, Indy, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay, and dammit, they're gonna lose ALL of them."

Worst-case scenario we split those six games, and then I sure don't see another three losses on our schedule.

5. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    AT LEAST 16-0 :lol:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Do they do any research on Jyles Tucker at all or is it just because he's a UDFA, because he played limited in 2007 that it is just assumed he can't do anything?

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    100% agreed. I was watching highlights of last season's Raider game and Tucker was A BEAST. Then again anyone could like a pro bowler when they play against a team THAT awful.

8. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Well it is a fact that he hasn't played very much, so we can't really say how well he will do. He showed flashes in his limited time last year, but you can't extrapolate a whole year from that.

And unfortunately, as good as he may be, he isn't Shawne Merriman. So our defense will probably take a hit. Not a huge one like if we didn't have Tucker, but still a hit.