1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL.com front page attention from Aikman and Carucci

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Helmutt, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Helmutt

Helmutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
  2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    Indy got worse not better from last year. They don't have a running game and they can't stop one.

Chargers got better.

If this game was played today, I don't think Indy would have much of a chance. Payton is still having nightmares about Merriman.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I agree. Of all the "contenders" in the AFC, the Colts worry me least of all. We match up very well against them.

No team in the AFC really scares me. I think our biggest competition will come from Denver, because of their defense. But their offense sucks. We are the most complete and balanced team in the AFC, and after Monday Night, I think we might be the most complete team in the league.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The only team I see matching up with us is the Bears.

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    I am not worried about them as much as I used to be. They got exposed on Monday night by the Zona Pass Off.

6. Helmutt

Helmutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    If nothing else, Monday Night showed me that Rex Grossman '06 is still Rex Grossman '05 who just had a couple of good games early in the season. So his mojo is about up...

I haven't seen any Carolina games this year- I know Delhomme and Smith are weapons, but why are all the sports analysts so jazzed about the Panthers? :icon_shrug:

7. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7

Carolina's tough. But I think we just have too much talent everywhere.

8. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Indy Colts - gotta watch out for the pass, even though our secondary is better this year...its still not as good as it needs to be against payton manning and company. Although the pass rush is unstopable at times. Thier running game is getting better, but that wont phase our rush defense.

Chicago Bears - Great defense, but overrated. They way they played in the second half against Arizona kind of scares me, but then again, that was Arizona. Rex Grossman has had some good games and he is improving, give him too much time and he will tear apart your secondary. But thats just the thing, he needs the time.

Denver Broncos - Two words -- Tatem Bell. Watchout for him, hes the #7 ranked RB with 470 yrds. Although people dont think Jake Plummer is having a good season, hes deadly on the move, and with a pass rush like we have...Jake will be on the move. Watch out for the Bronco defense. They have only given up one touchdown in 5 games...thats scary.

Carolina Panthers - Watch out for Keyshauwn Johnson and Steve Smith. Together they can be deadly to a weak secondary. Remember, last week, Jake Del homme led the NFL in total yards...

New York Jets - Still a contender to me. They are 3 and 3. Dont turn a blind eye to these guys yet.

Thats my opinion of these AFC teams...i still think we have the best team out there and we have the best players on any football field. We will go deep in the playoffs and i am predicting a superbowl run...

-James