1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL.com Kirwan Mock 1.0

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Mar 2, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Jan 11, 2010
    28. San Diego Chargers
    Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
    LaDainian Tomlinson is gone and Darren Sproles is testing free agency. Matthews needs work in the passing game, but he is a work-horse back who had 3,280 yards and 39 touchdowns as a Bulldog, and who ran a 4.41 40 at the combine.

I really hope we can Mathews in round 1. I would even elect to get Best to compliment him if he's still there in round 2 but I'd rather have Sproles come back
  2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Aug 17, 2006
    the question for the chargers is. who do they get with the first pick to make us better. WE do need a rb. But were mainly a passing team now. We need complimentery rb to keep defenses off balance. There are like three rb's in this draft that could fit our needs. Ben tate, ryan matthews and gerhart.

If we loose cromartie do we need another better cb. Kyle wilson, rutgers devin mccourty, virgina techs chris cook and one or two more. where or when could we get one if we do need one. The nfl people mentioned that becasue the nfl is such a pass league now a team can't have enough good cb's. I hate to say it but they are right.

The other possibility is the best player. WEatherspoon looks really good. And the texas kid kindle looks really good.

Were gonna have to wait and see what happens to cromartie. From what I've been hearing cromartie isn't very welcome at chargers park. That he's worn out his welcome. Loosing cromartie is gonna be a step back or a step forward. I think the chargers should have done more due diligence on cromarite before they picked him. But if we could somehow land a good cb and rb in this draft we should actually be a better.
  3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Aug 14, 2006
    Its not even a question for me which position is the most important right now. Any RB we take is likely to be in on over 75% of our offensive plays. Where as guys like Weatherspoon, Williams, Wilson, Kindle, Graham, or any OT is unlikely to have any immediate importance in 2010.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2007
    LT may disagree :lol:
  5. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Jul 12, 2009
    I can live with Matthews or Dwyer in the first.
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

If Spiller doesn't drop to 28, I don't want to sniff a RB with our 1st.
  7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Jan 19, 2006
    Alot of that just depends on who is there

If Spiller is there and no good OL/DL are there, then by all means get him. If the same applies and its Matthews available then I'd get him.

Hell I could see a situation where we'd draft Taylor Mays
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Mays? Maybe. But either he or Campbell are likely gone to Oakland.

There will be front 7 guys still there at 28 that I'd take over Matthews.