1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL launches lame effort to defend blackout rule

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fossil, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +317
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/16/nfl-launches-clumsy-effort-to-defend-blackout-rule/

Classic line from new NFL lapdog, Lynn Swann:
    If it’s not broken,” Swann said, “what are they trying to fix? We have full stadiums, people come to the games. We’re the only sport where fans who don’t get to the game can watch it on free over-the-air television.”
    Sure Lynn, if you don't count basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, tennis, golf, or any sport that has a vowel in its name.

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    I wonder how much he's getting paid to spew that garbage.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I've always found blackout rules to be very odd. If enough people don't go to the game you take away other people's ability to watch it? So, as a fan I'm supposed to buy a ticket to help out other people since I'd obviously be able to watch it anyway by buying it?

4. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +317
    ^^^ Currently, they want fans to go to games but bring their TVs and so they can watch commercials between plays.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1