1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Network availible FOR FREE on Time Warner for 1 week

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by O'reilly, Dec 12, 2006.

1. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Dec. 24 thru 30th...NFL Network reports

Time Warner and Cablevision...

2. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Damn, I have Cox Cable. :icon_evil:

3. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I've got cablevision but they don't offer NFL Network where I live...those bastards!!!:tdown:

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Linky??

Mebbe they're finally listenta the masses!! :tup:

5. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    They will be offering it as a test on the 24th thru the 30th per a deal with the NFL...you will be able to receive the Network ona specified channel during that week...

6. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    No link yet Toby, but I heard it on the Network about a half hour ago...
    A deal has been struck between the NFL and those cable companies to test the Network on their system that week...

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,845
    :helm1: I have Direct TV, so I already get it for free!:helm1:

8. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    :lol:

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Thanx Bro, at least I'll getta see what has gotten alla y'alls panties wet!! :icon_tease: :icon_rofl: :icon_party:

10. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    NFL Network...Football 24/7

:tup:

11. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,545
    While I was watching NFL Replay (Seahawks-Cards), the crawl at the bottom of the screen said this was being done (in part) so that everyone could watch the two bowl games (Texas bowl & Insight Bowl).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    [​IMG]

Overwhelm them with emails demanding it be a permanent feature.

• Like Like x 2
  14. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    Lookin' at your avatar CBF reminds me of how ridiculously lame it is for a team to get beat by the same trick play 3 games in a row...:icon_rofl:
    Stunning...really...:icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,545
    Heh!

I just love the play. Hafta think LT might throw at least one more this season. :lt:

16. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    they're doing that so they let poeple watch it for free so then when they take it off being showed for free, more people buy it

17. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    Hey...those poor Time Warner people have never even seen the NFL Network...there has been a real pizzing contest between them and the NFL about carrying it...till now Time Warner customers do not get the NFL Network...:no:

18. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Good deal! Thanks O'rielly!!!

I pay for DirectTV when I stayed at my sisters for a little while. Got my niece a TV for her room so I feel bad disconnecting it, although I won't until NFL regular season is over because I still go there every Sunday to watch the Bolts on Sunday Ticket. Since I stay with my girlfriend who is over an hour away and she has cablevision. Man, if she thinks I watch TV alot now....just wait and see if cablevision carries NFL Network on a steady basis. I'll have to find somewhere else to live!!!:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Thanx Bro!! :tup: :icon_toast:

"The Texas Bowl not being available to many viewers in New York has become a contentious issue because Rutgers is coming off its best Big East season and has become a popular team in the area. The NFL Network owns the rights to the Rutgers-Kansas State bowl game at Reliant Stadium in Houston.

“We are trying to accommodate consumers, our fans and the fans of Rutgers, to let them know we are trying to resolve this issue,” said Goodell, who said he also has spoken with Gov. Jon Corzine and Sen. Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey.

“The bottom line is that people in New Jersey need to be able to watch Rutgers play, and now we have a way to do that,” said Lautenberg."

When the CowGirls fans here in Texas learn their not gonna be ableta see their heroes at Atlanta on Saturday nite without the Dish and NFL Network/Ticket, there's gonna be some hell raised with Time-Warner, I'll bet. :icon_eek: :yes:

20. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Dude, you have no idea. I got nfl network a month or so before the season started and it's on almost permantely since then. I worry how much more my gf can take. I worry how much more I can take. It's addictive.:icon_eek:

21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Don't worry. She'll tune it out (consciously) and it'll just play in the background all day all night and seep into her subconscious... but then one day she'll say to you: "WOW... Leinart's actually doing pretty well in Arizona now, huh? He's got like 10 TD's now"

Make sure you brace yourself for this moment. You might get whiplash. :yes:

She'll have this look :icon_eek: on her face.

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    So will he :icon_eek: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease: :bolt:

23. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    In the local markets (those of the teams that are playing) the game is broadcast "over the air" on a local station so fans of those teams living in those markets will always be able to see the game (unless local NFL blackout restrictions apply due to a non-sellout)...
    I'm not sure if the typical 72 hour NFL blackout restrictions are the same for a Thursday Night or Saturday game vs a typical Sunday Afternoon game...

• Like Like x 1
  24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I forgot to add that Austin and San Antone and points south are out of that "market" area you spoke of, so they're the ones being shut out. Word'll get backta Jerry Jones PDQ, and :fan: :icon_eek:

25. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Trust me bro....I do know! When I was married I wayched it 24/7 and loved it. Gee, I wonder if that has any reason why I'm divorced now?!?:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_toast: :icon_party:

26. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'm sick of all the whining and griping about not having the NFL Channel. Even some hosts on Sirius NFL Radio constantly whine about it.

Get Direct TV. If you live in a place that can't get it (apartment) ... then fricking move.

27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    So far its jes an offer, I've not heard if Time-Warner's gonna accept yet. :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

28. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172