1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Network Cutler Lovefest

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I am watching today's NFL Total Access and it's ridiculous! Jay Cutler's nutsack must be the cleanest it's ever been as the guys at NFL Net take turns tonguing it.

They even talked about how the teams in the AFC West are relieved that he's gone. That is freaking rich!

2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    How often is Deion Sanders the voice of reason? In the midst of the Cutler lovefest, they go to Deion for his take:

"I don't know if Jay Cutler was a Franchise quarterback. Yeah, he went to a Pro Bowl and Brett Favre didn't go to a Pro Bowl, I don't know if that's the reason. Also, there's a great quarterback down in San Diego which should have been in Hawaii as well."

"I'm not gonna say I dislike Jay Cutler, I like him as a quarterback. I'm not in love with him as a quarterback. He has to prove that to me, as well as all those fans...that they leveraged the whole entire next two years for."

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    watching it now... you're not kidding this is ridiculous... you'd think Jamie Dukes was writing them scripts!

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    you expected them not to?

5. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    You know where all the Cutler love fest comes from? All the NFL heavy networks (NFLN, ESPN, FOX etc...) They all want Bret Farve (spelling intentional). No way they say anything bad about Cutler as long as Bus Cook is his agent.

6. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Jay Cutler is a Million Dollar arm attached to the brain of a childish, fit throwing third grader. Not just a third grader.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Isn't it great?

Remember the Herschel Walker trade and how excited Minnesota was? :icon_shrug:

Yeah... this is gonna be fun.

Cutler is doomed.

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The ESPN guys were bashing Cutler (Shlereth sp? and Dilfer) both thought the Bears traded too much.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Jamie Dukes is a Cutler ***-gargler. :icon_twisted:

• Like Like x 1
  10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    The local ESPN Radio affiliate here in Vegas (AM 1100) has been destroying *****-*** Cutler on a daily basis. Of course the national douche bags like Mike & Mike are still busy sack-licking.

I don't care that the national broadcasters are in love with the guy, I just think it's bullshit that nobody is going to call them on it after the fact.

In a couple years when Cutler is still a train wreck how many national broadcasters are going to come out and say "Man I sure screwed the pooch thinking Jay Cutler was going to amount to something in this league!" My guess is zero. So there's no incentive for them not to continue spewing asinine bullshit like this. Just ignore the national guys, locals are the only ones with any integrity whatsoever (and even that is minimal).

• Like Like x 1
  11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556

I think we can sum it up by saying he's the QB version of T.O.

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Seriously, the thought occurred to me at one point that Cutler to Buffalo might be the greatest soap opera in the history of the universe.

13. gobolts_charger

gobolts_charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    & we have a winner!! Couldn't have said it better myself :tup:

14. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Funny how the (media?) 'sep for Dion seems to have never been for San Diego on anything. Why the bias? Great food, great weather, great beaches? ETC?:icon_shrug:

15. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    haters... pure and simple

jealousy is a ***** :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  16. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30

Never thought I'd say the Sanders is the wellspring of intelligence, but he nailed this one! Why did anyone think NFLN would be critical of Cutler or this trade? Of course they are going to smooch Cutler's butt. To do anything different might limit their access.

As for Chicago, you can't say you weren't warned. There is plenty of tape to show the Bears may have gotten hosed in this deal. As for Cutler being a franchise QB, keep telling yourself that as you drink the kool-aid.

17. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    As I recall (from watching when I lived in Minnesota), the problem was because Minnesota tried to turn HW into a receiver more than a runner. I was very angry about that, felt they should have just let him RUN - that was his talent.