1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Network Held Hostage: Day Whatever

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Could the Packers PLEEEEEEEASE resolve this Brett Favre thing so I can watch NFL Network again?

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I am really really starting to hate Brett Favre so damn much

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Can't they just make a new channel and force all the cable/sat companies to carry it?

FNN - Favre News Network.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    what a fugging attention whore

Favre says of situation: 'This probably isn't going to work'

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3520064

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre went into a meeting Tuesday morning acknowledging that he was at a "stalemate" with the team and believed the "best thing for this team is for us to part ways."

Consequently, Favre is unlikely to take the field for practice Tuesday afternoon, pending his second meeting with coach Mike McCarthy.

"We're at a stalemate," Favre said. "Mike and I both agreed last night that me being out there is a distraction and will continue to be a distraction. We all know the reason I'm here is because the commissioner [Roger Goodell] reinstated me so we have a lot of things to figure out. It's simple and complicated, both at the same time."

Favre said the team once again rejected his request to talk to teams about a trade within the NFC North, preferably to the Minnesota Vikings or possibly the Chicago Bears.

Favre clarified reports that he and the Packers have backpedaled on the premise that there would be an open competition with Aaron Rodgers for the starting job.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I think fans with face paint ransacked NFL Network in retaliation to certain viewers complaining about the weekly few seconds they get in front of the camera!!! :lol:

6. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    The whole situation is mystifying. What could be Brett's motivation? He is alienating fans in droves and ruining all of the great karma he has built up over the years. Did he really think that the team wouldn't move on? Does he really think it's fair to turn the mantle over to the kid Rogers, then pull it away from him on a whim?

There is something else going on with him. I'm not sure what it is, but I smell shenanigans.

7. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    This is all a ploy by the Packers to get increased media coverage.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    So after all the crap about returning now Favre says he wants to be traded and the Packers agree. So all that ****ing media circus was for nothing. PATHETIC

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Have the Packers actually agreed to a trade that Favre will agree to? :icon_shrug:

One thing that I really can't understand in all of this is why Favre is insisting that he be traded to another NFC North team? Is he intent on beating Green Bay if they won't take him back as the starter? Whatever his reasoning, I'll never feel the same about him again. He's headed towards Elway status in my book. :icon_evil:

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I would of handed Favre the clipboard and told him to go sit in the corner. That way all the camera's are away from the Team, and he can sit there and pout! Then I would of told him to chart everything and get used to it!

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Damn right h8er.

Favre is being a total *****. Trying to put himself above the team, the organization and the city.

The Packers own him for the next two years right? The only thing they can do to not come across like a laughingstock is to refuse to trade him and make him their number 2. They can fine him for every practice he doesn't show up to and every rule he doesn't follow. But for them to cave and give Favre what he wants would be ****ing pathetic.

Of course the drawback is that it means the media frenzy isn't going to stop anytime in the next couple years. It sucks and it's going to make it impossible for them to succeed. But these guys had to already be prepared for a rough year or two when they decided to hand the franchise keys to Aaron Rogers. So they're okay with a couple ****** years. And if they have Favre on the sideline screwing up the locker room and creating a media circus they'll actually have a scapegoat if/when Rogers struggles.

So **** him, hand him a clipboard and tell him that if he's 30 seconds late to the next training camp it's coming out of his paycheck.

• Like Like x 2
  12. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I've pretty much had all I can stomach from him. It's really too bad he's behaving this way. Just lumps him in with TO, Moss and all the rest of the NFL crybaby's.

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Damn straight. What Favre is doing now is on the same level of BS as Elway & She-li's panty-waisted dealings. True, he's no unproven rookie, but he IS being a *****. :tdown:

But I still say purple & white before opening day. :lol:

14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Last year, I had a totally different view of Favre. I had him high on the pole for respect, both as a player, and as a person. IMO he did almost everything right for the team.

Well he just blew the crap out of that view!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    How can you say the Packers are going to have a rough year?

Philip stepped right in, and look what he did for us!

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I wonder if Farve used to paint his face when going to watch his favorite team. If so, that explains everything!!! :lol:

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072

did they have paint back in those days?

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I for one am tired of the Favre sage. enough is enough. Time to move on. GO CHARGERS, fawk Favre and the Packers for that matter.

19. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    So I'm watching the Mike McCarthy press conference on the Brett Favre situation when...

BREAKING NEWS TICKER....

MORE ON THE BRETT FAVRE SITUATION - NFL TOTAL ACCESS (7PM ET)

20. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
  21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Exactly. I thought Garcia was a good pick up for them last season.

22. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    That's true... and if Rogers can be successful amidst the media flurry and with old man Favre glaring at him from the bench I will have mad respect for the guy.

But the situation Rogers is stepping into is about 100x more hostile than the one Rivers stepped into IMO. And at the same time the issue is mostly about what the organization is prepared for. Do you think the front office is really expecting Rogers to step in and lead them to the NFC Championship game?

23. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    what ever team he lands in there doom hes on the cover of Madden

• Like Like x 1
  24. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I used to like Favre, but this thing has really worn away the last little bit of respect I had for him. He is coming off like a petulant child who is getting ready to throw a tantrum because mommy won't buy him the toy he wants.

25. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    No telling. Maybe he posted 500 posts about Norv sucking, that would explain a lot.

26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    FAHHRAH! DONT GO AWAY MAD...

JUST GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The Favre salary figure and the cap feature in here somewhere.

28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    The Madden Curse metamorphosed into a curse of us ALL! Instead of Favre having a bad year or injuring himself, this is what we get instead!

F**K!!!!!! :pissed::pissed::pissed:

29. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I don't even care what happens, I'm just ready for the circus to leave town.

Luckily we have a full slate of pre-season games this weekend, so maybe they'll have other things to talk about.

30. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Spot on !! :tup: :icon_toast: :flag: