1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Network on Cablevision Question

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Dec 23, 2006.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Now that all of this is approved, would anyone know channel they are going to televise it on or where to go to find it? Been looking on the local cablevision website and can't find anything.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I haven't heard anything about Time-Warner accepting the offer from NFL Network, so they may jes thumb their nose at it.

It's s'posedta start tomorrow to the 30th, but I ain't heard squat :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_sad: :tdown: :icon_evil:

3. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Here is the announcement on the NFL website. You would think they would give you a rundown of what channels they will be on. But other then this.....haven't heard squat.

Cablevision accepts NFL Network's free week

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (Dec. 22, 2006) -- Cablevision Systems Corp., a New York-area cable TV provider, reached an agreement with the NFL Network that will allow its customers to see a much-anticipated college football game between Rutgers and Kansas State University on Dec. 28.

The agreement resolves a standoff that had raised the ire of fans in the New York and New Jersey area, who were clamoring to see Rutgers -- long an underdog on the college football circuit -- cap its best season in the Big East.

Cablevision still doesn't have a long-term carriage agreement with the NFL Network, but on accepted an offer from them to carry the network for free for the week of Dec. 24 through Dec. 30.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9887071

4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I guess weds. is better than bever. But just found this today incase you missed it.

http://www.iwantnflnetwork.com/

Cable Company City, State Channel
    Bluevalley Telecommunications Home, KS 254
    Cablevision NY/NL/CT 414
    CapRockTV Spur, TX 2
    Rainbow Communications Hiawatha, KS 22
    Suddenlink Abeline, TX 38
    Suddenlink Snyder, TX 40
    Suddenlink Lubbock, TX 55
    Suddenlink Plainville, TX 37
    Suddenlink Floydada, TX 37
    Suddenlink Amarillo, TX 46
    Suddenlink Clovis, NM 43
    Suddenlink Sweetwater, TX 38
    Suddenlink Midland, TX 55
    Suddenlink BigSprings, TX 55
    Suddenlink Andrews, TX 55
    Suddenlink SanAngelo, TX 51
    TimeWarnerCable StatenIsland, NY 199
    TimeWarnerCable NewYork, NY 199
    TimeWarnerCable Wurtsboro, NY 199
    TimeWarnerCable-KS Liberal, KS 24
    TimeWarnerCable-KS Kansas City, MO 200
    TimeWarnerCable-TX Palestine, TX 960
    TimeWarnerCable-TX Commerce, TX 960
    TimeWarnerCable-TX Dallas, TX 960
    TimeWarnerCable-TX Graham, TX 960
    TimeWarnerCable-TX Greenville, TX 960
    TimeWarnerCable-TX Waco, TX 124
    TimeWarnerCable-TX SanAntonio, TX 946
    TimeWarnerCable-TX Austin, TX 436

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Thanx Bro, I forgot about it, but turned it on last nite. Time-Warner better offer this package :icon_evil:

6. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I had to find this on the NFL webpage. You'd think that Cablevision would have it on their webpage to let flks know?!? Guess that is an indication that they probably will not carry it.:icon_evil:

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I called Time-Warner San Antonio, and they had a recorded message saying what channel it was.

Having watched it (NFL Network) and little else since last nite, I can see where customers say its addictive. If T-W, doesn't offer this package, guess I'll hafta go dish. Really hateta do that, as I'll lose RoadRunner.

8. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    you can keep road runner, they still want your buisness, they just may drop 10 $ more per month though. I have thought about switching recently, just because the amount of HD channels offfered on dish

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I've heard that, Bro :tup:

10. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Get DirecTV is you do get a dish.

Dish Network doesn't have Sunday Ticket.

11. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Sunday Ticket is the ticket! :tup:

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I am like a junkie without his fix. I had DirectTV for about 5 years and NFL Sunday Ticket for 3-4. Then had to sell the house after the divorce and hooked it up at my sisters whom was nice enough to let me settle in till I got myself upright. Now living with my GF who lives in a condo development and her unit faces NE instead of SW so I can't get direct tv there. Told her that when we buy a house it MUST have a clear view of the SW sky so I can get Dierct TV again for the Sunday Ticket. She just laughs at me. So every sunday I drive over an hour each way to watch the Bolts at my sisters then turn around and drive an hour back to my GF. All I can say is thank god they have been winning because I could imagine all of the road rage if I had to drive that far after them losing week in and week out.

About the only thing I live about Cablevision is that you pay nothing for HD channels but they more than make up for it in there everyday price.