1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Network's Comments On NORV

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Watching the NFL Network this morning, Spanos and A.J. reiterated that Norv's job is safe. They said they have faith in Norv and that it's ridiculous to think his job is in jeopardy. When they turned and asked Warren Sapp about that...he shook his head and said they need to start watching them play. He added that in Norv's two years at Oakland, they never, NOT ONCE EVER PRACTICED THE 2 MINUTE DRILL.
    Hmmm, kinda explains his clock management skills.

Phuck you Spanos, phuck you A.J....when you fools finally have to swallow your egos long enough to admit you need a real HEAD COACH, this franchise will have returned to the laughing stocks that apparently you prefer!!

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Norv's a waste as a HC. Spanos & AJ are just covering their egotistical asses right now. Something has to give - we either make a drastic turnaround or **** hits the fan.

3. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Lots of coaches will be job hunting this year..Chalir Weiss ex Patriot assistant will probably lose his Notre Dame job, and his one time Patriots colleague Romeo Crenell isn't especially in a comfortable situation in Cleveland.

4. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Of course Norv won't lose his job, he is our OC.

Now they will hire an "assistant HC" who will be are real HC, BUT Norv will still be here.

Why would you fire our offensive cord?

BTW Sapp is on defense, I wonder how many times the defense practices the 2 minute drill.

I have seen personally during mini camp and TC them practice drills similar to 2 minute. I have heard about it as well. Sapp is wrong to say that they "never practice 2 minute drills" because thats impossible.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    QFT :bolt:

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    To assume Norv would stay as the OC i think is foolish. I would be very shocked if he stayed to be our OC if he gets canned as the HC.
    He didnt stay when they hired Marty when they asked him to.

7. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83

They aren't going to fire him, they will just bring in an "assistant" HC whom would discipline the players etc and would allow Norv to concentrate on the offense.

At the very least they need to get AJ Smith OUT of personal decisions and allow the coaches to do that.

That is just my belief, however I doubt they fire Norv Turner.

8. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Know what i think AJ was doing with the "Norv isn't going anywhere' comment? He was sending a message to the players to hold themselves accountable. Stop looking for a scapegoat when we were still in the playoff hunt. I think it backfired. I don't see any way they will keep Norv next year. He lost control of talented football team. We need a motivator for a HC. We found out this year that players, at least our players, can't motivate themselves. A motivator who's intelligent and competitive to the point he wants to win by 20 pts every game.

9. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Read it again Sapp never said the Chargers never practiced it. He said when Norv was a coach in Oakland.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You're an ***.

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    i'm fine with rivera as d-caoch. Its the o-coach we need improving on.

We've got a ton of player talent on offense now but our o-line needs probably two improvments. Maybe three. Maybe four. Dielman still looks good.

But we need an o-coach that can utilize alot of weapons. Norv's thing is he has a set play. The play will go to usually one person. Obviously thats getting figured out. So I'm thinking we need a o-coach that can set up an offense for the qb so he has muliltple persons he can go to. But it all comes off the qb having time to check down. Good luck on that with our o-line.

Good thing is there should be several good o-lineman in this draft. BAd thing is we only have one early pick. Front d-7 also needs improving a bunch. Probably needs two d-line studs..

My guess is we'll utilize free agency this year to build the lines better if possible. Gad I wish we had that 2nd rounder. ONly other thing they could do is trade a good player on their downside or two for early picks. Would anyone give us a 2nd for ladanian. Argh. Sounds sacriligious just saying it.

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    AJ IS AN EGOTISTICAL PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!!

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Accurate. Finally - someone with some freaking sense around here...

I mean seriously, what were they going to say? "Norv is outta here!!" Yeah... that would have been a great plan :p

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Anyone who says Rivers and LT weren't motivated is full of shyte. However our O line looked like they were asleep out there today. :no:

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We didn't have that problem under Marty!!!

16. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    QFT -- I didnt hear about it until after the game - but I guess Dielman was out with "flu-like symptoms" - I'm sure that was part of it but the Oline sucked balls today. :tdown:

Once again, M80 looked sharp tho :tup:

17. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362

Tired!:yawn:

18. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Lil Deb, try another street. This one has to much class for your ilk.

19. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    On the broadcast they said he had the flu, but it looked like it had infected the whole crew.

Floyd looked fantastic when Rivers had the time to get him the ball.

20. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    I'll save my ire for if the offseason comes and it's not done.

I can name a long laundry list of head coaches who got a vote of confidence from the owner and/or GM saying his job was safe shortly before getting the axe.

Hell, you can start with the person who's job Norv took.

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    So true. My feeling is the plan to have Norv play HC/OC just didn't work.

FIX IT!!

I'm not one to call out their motivation.

In my mind, it's all about the play calling.

Bad, Bad, and Bad.

:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Speak English.

23. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Marty as the HC, and Norv as the OC. I said that before the 2007 season. :icon_rofl:

We fire Norv, there isn't anyone really available. Cowher would never come to the west coast. He's waiting for Fox to get fired in Carolina, so he can get that gig.

He would kick the teams *** and get them to the SB with our talent.

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I thought you were staying out of the gutter, lil buddy...

25. 4thGenFan

4thGenFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    This has been painful. It is time for Norv Turner to move on. Overwhelming team talent provided results last year. Not coaching. His lack coaching and leadership skills in the face of high expectations and tough competition is what is on display this year. Bad calls? Well coached teams don't find themselves in those situations - repeatedly! Bill Cowher is a great choice as a replacement - but the opportunity needs to be taken advantage of before he takes something else. Although most spoke as professionals, Norv Turner was never respected by players and fans alike. Once it reaches this point, he will never be able to lead this team again. His previous record turns out to be an indicator of the current situation - dismal and a lack of confidence by all. Just not a good leader who can inspire confidence in professionals. A very good team has been driven into the ground and can only rebound with a strong and respected leader.

Bill Cowher is a great choice to replace Norv Turner for all involved. And, Bill Cowher is more likely to choose San Diego over Cleveland based on current talent, opportunity for success, and Bill not wanting to get involved in the Steelers business. The players will respond to a coach like Cowher - like they did with Marty. Respect. The time is now to seize the opportuntiy - or else we will be choosing from the 2nd and 3rd tier options. Remember all the coaches that were taken before we choose Norv? We settled. Lets be aggressive this time!

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    4thGen.

Welcome to the forum, I have seen this post 3 times now, wana mix it up a bit? :lol:

27. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If everyone on the Oline is sick I don't know what can be called, but it sure wasn't right yesterday.

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Goff is playing on a bad knee. That I know for sure. Not sure about the others but they are not as cohesive as I would like.

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

The sewer.

There is a difference between name calling and telling someone they're being an ***. I'm pointing out bad behavior!

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You called him a name. Same thing. I believe the term is hypocrite.. google it, you will see a picture of you...