1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Networks Greatest Receiving Corps

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Mar 17, 2009.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I was watching yesterday taking a break yesterday afternoon when I figured I'd watch some NFL Network HD (772 on Cox San Diego) I caught the middle of this broadcast at about 8 and I figured I'd be curious to know who they picked No. 1. I mean, I had a good feeling who it would be, but just had to watch the end. I remember the Marks Brothers (Duper and Clayton with Marino as QB) were up there. No. 5 was the 70's Raiders with Branch, Biletnikof and Casper the TE with Stabler the QB. I have to admit, that trio was pretty damn good. They kept going and finally reached the No. 1 receiving corps of all time (in their opinion).

No. 1??????

YOUR 1980's "AIR CORYELL" Chargers!!!!

Fouts
    [​IMG]

John Jefferson
    [​IMG]

Charlie Joiner
    [​IMG]

Kellen Winslow Sr.
    [​IMG]

Wes Chandler
    [​IMG]

Fouts the QB, John Jefferson/Wes Chandler, Charlie Joiner and Kellen Winslow Sr. (the crew in my avatar minus Joiner)

They went on to say that it's a shame this corp. didn't get a super bowl ring (due to the defense or lack thereof)

Man, just made me proud when they announced that. That's when I started to follow Charger Football. Made a man PROUD I tell ya! (and woke my a** up while taking a nap!)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    That's awesome!!! :) Our Bolts are on lots of those lists :yes: makes one a very proud fan that's for sure. PR is on the gutsiest performances list for playing in the AFCCG vs the Pats.

GO BOLTS!!! Thanks for sharing :)

3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I've gotta see that:abq2:

4. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Saw it yesterday :tup:

:abq2:

5. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Nice, good **** LT!! :bolt:

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    That show brought back many fine memories of some great football.

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I hear you man. I just kept thinking to myself how the heck did this team not win ONE Super Bowl? I mean to this DAY it mystifies me to no end! This current team is real good, probably the best overall that I've seen. Rivers has a Fouts type composure. Gates is similiar to Winslow. LT is well, a legend and back then we had Chuck "Don't sniff the white lines" Muncey as our RB and that guy was a tough SOB. If VJ can keep improving like he did last year and Chambers can catch the rock consistently, we have a great shot at winning it all. We just have to bring it defensively like Pitt. does and stay healthy! That show really did bring back some great memories. Lets hope this current team gets it done wins that Lombardi this team, city and fans deserve! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    It

It would make my life as a sports fan complete:icon_party:

9. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Oh that's a very good historic vote for Dan Fouts and his recievers. I'm proud of Air Coryell's times because they brought me to the Chargers.
    They earn the title because 1980 Jefferson, Winslow and Joiner, as well as 1981 Joiner, Chandler and Winslow have been the first two 3 rec-sets, all of them make over 1.000
    yards.
    2009 has only been the 5th year this happened
    Kurt Warner in Arizona. Only Peyton Manning in 2004 and Jeff George in 1995 got this way.

:abq2: :icon_toast::abq2:

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887

That team should have one Lombardi for sure and maybe more, but some damn thing or another always stopped it from happening. There wasn't to many teams that could keep pace with those Bolt's but -59 didn't help either.

11. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    thats better!!