1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL OVER The Internet - Ouside USA

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2579633

Football webcast outside North America under Yahoo-NFL dealAssociated Press
    National Football League News Wire

NEW YORK -- NFL fans outside North America, who can view few games on television, will be able to watch most of the league's games live over the Internet under a subscription package announced Friday.

The NFL Game Pass service will be available through Yahoo Inc. for $25 a week or $250 for the 17-week regular season.

Yahoo will block access to the games from computers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Bermuda and Antigua because the service would conflict with existing broadcast rights. Individual games will also be blocked from certain countries when a broadcaster has rights there, said Brian Rolapp, the league's vice president for media strategy. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

CLICK ON LINK FOR REST OF STORY

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    That's freaking awesome. There's a chance I'll be moving to Australia in a year or two, so this is very good news. :tup:

3. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It sounds like a cool option but you can get Directv and the HD stuff as well in the land down under que no ?

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I don't know about that. I know that you can't get American Satellite TV more than about 50 miles offshore if you're on a boat. I don't know what Direct TV is like in Australia.

5. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Just signed up as a new Bolt Talk member and for the NFL Gamepass service. Will let you know how well it works. No DirectTV in Europe. I can catch an NFL doubleheader on BBC each Sunday but had no way to follow the Bolts other than the radio. So I am looking forward to seeing how well this works. The 24 hour archive will be nice so I don't have to watch the game at 4 in the morning.

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    BBC!!!???, u mean Sky Sports right?. What BBC channel shows NFL?. Did u ever consider www.pontel.com it works well provided the dvd arrives before the w/e after the game. If you are in Liechtenstein I would imagine you would be receiving them probably thursday?. Must check out the gamepass thingie aswell as the yahoo idea.

7. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Yep you are right, Sky Sports Xtra. My bad. Thanks for the Pontel link. I am worried about the quality of the Game Pass coverage. Had some problems replaying the Steeler game last night. Would lose the connection and would have to start it over again.

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    Wow sorry to hear about gamepass not performing... I was going to order the mon nite game as a tester might still do it as would have to wait a while for the dvd as it is on so late monday.... Did you see SSX first 4 weeks coverage, not one Charger game shock horror, is it just me or are they against showing such a 'unglamorous' team. I mean they are showing Buffalo and the Saints during that period, killer!.

9. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    I am not anticipating any problems with the live game feeds. You lose it and should be able pick it up again as I think it is more of a broadcast. The archives I think will be the issue. It would good if you order the tester game. It would be good to compare performance so I know it is not just from my network performance.

Those week 2 games on SSX are definitely weak (Buffalo @ Miami & New England @ New York Jets). Would have loved to see them pick up the Chiefs vs. Donks or Giants vs. Eagles.

10. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Dublin Bolt, are you a golfer? Going to the Ryder Cup? I was planning on going but had some knee surgery recently and can't handle all the walking. It would have been great to see Tiger when he is absolutely dialed in like he is now.

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    OK I have ordered week one's games I will let u know how it goes tuesday when I have a look at our mon nite game. Ru an American working in Liechtenstein or?. Welcome to the board, you'll find this one to be smallish but most of the guys are great and real Bolt fans who respect you if you are pulling for the Chargers no matter where you are or where you are from.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey dude welcome.

You have found "THE" website which is making the bigger sites REAL nervous (Chargers.com etc etc).

Why?

Because this site is cutting edge.

Nobody does the things this site does and it is continually improving.

I am the host of the tailgate parties which are webcammed LIVE over the internet on Gameday. Bolt fans get to see our clan actually getting down in the parking lot on Gameday. Many post on this site as well who attend. We have a laptop connected to this site to ask questions or just be crazy.

Please let fellow Bolt brothers know how this new NFL/Yahoo service works. The best man of my wedding is in Switzerland touring and moving to Greece. He is an American living abroad as of the last few months and craves his NFL Charger football. This would be perfect.

Cheers and welcome again !!!!

:bolt: :icon_toast: :bolt: :icon_toast: :bolt: :icon_toast: :bolt:

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Directv is gagging it.

No wonder the CBA contained vague language about "new" revenue stream yet created to add to the pot.......I bet there is more just waiting like downloadable games on an Ipod real time. :yes:

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Bolttalk has gone European ..... Cool ......

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Lichtenstein - who would have thought Bolt fans are in that country?

We also have Bolt fans in Switzerland and in Greece who are acquaintences/friends of mine......:tup: :foley53:

16. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Acquaintances means they drank your beer .... :D

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    .....and ate our grub and one even passed out in the bathroom. :lol:

18. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Thanks for the welcome guys, much appreciated. I grew up in Carlsbad and have been out of the country now for about 5 years now, first in China for two years and now in Liechtenstein. Country only has 36,000 people in it so I am pretty sure I am the only Bolt fan. Only two things I really miss about living in the States is NFL football Sundays and carne asada. Can't find a skirt steak for my life over here.

I caught your site at the end of last season and finally decided to buck up and put my two cents in. Having access to all this great Charger news has really renewed my passion in the Bolts. Nice job on putting the site together. I am looking forward to seeing if Merriman really can become the best ever and if Rivers can deliver some hardware. What a great nucleus for the future. Just need to get that pesky stadium problem fixed and the rest will be histo....

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I was born in Oceanside.....got laid in Carlsbad on the beach at the warm water jetty by the power plant. :)

Here are a few photos to remind you of home and how we do it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
  21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Man T-bone didnt get me in one any of those...

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Part of your melon is exposed but behind Charger Ray

[​IMG]

23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That the best you could do man...:icon_sad:

:icon_rofl:

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey man I was pretty ripped by that time Casey Pierce came over.....I had a 12 pack consumed by that photo and I was operating a camera ????....pfffttt....gimme my trumpet ........ or gimme head (not you)........ :icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_toast:

25. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Reliant Stadium - 2004

[​IMG]

ftwbolt - Sandolf - Shamrock - Trumpie

26. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Nice pics. Man I miss tailgating.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    This just helps a Bolt brother get "connected" again.....live vicariously through your fellow Chargers brethren :icon_toast: :icon_party:

28. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    Hi there... apologies for the delay in coming bak to u, our 7 week old is keepin me busy (already has his Charger gear). Yes, I play golf, well... eh... I pull a cart around a course and try and hit the little white thing as best I can. Handicap is 16 and going outwards!!. I couldn't get tix to the main event, apparently all of us actually living in Ireland were basically shut out of the net lottery as those with overseas addresses when applying seemed to be v successful. Good news is I got 4 tix to the wed practice day and to be honest the practice day could work out better than the competitive days cos at least we will be able to see all the players and in a more relaxed environment too!. Looking forward to it, it will be my 3rd time seeing Tiger in the flesh, he is the most incredible sporting 'athlete/performer' I have ever laid eyes on. it's only when u try to do it yourself can you appreciate how good this guy is. I saw him win the Open in St Andrews and the Amex in Mt Juliet a few years back. While the tailend of the US team is weak on paper ie. Taylor, Henry and Wetterich I fully expect the A team to perform. It will be v tight though unlike last time ;-). I will get some pix and post em here if the guys don't mind and show me how!!.

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I use Imageshack.org to upload my photos. I need simple stuff when it comes to computers and this is what was recommended to me.

The account is free and unlimited photo uploads.

After you upload the photos to Imageshack.org, they give you links to put on this forum and that is it.....the picture opens up here.

You even have your own album for future reference - slick **** and easy easy easy. :tup: :bolt:

:bolt: Oh and Go Chargers !!!!!:bolt: