1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL says no to "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    "Rock and Roll Part 2" by Gary Glitter has become a sports anthum.

You can here a sample of the song here.

So apparently Glitter was convicted of molesting underage girls in Vietnam. This is terrible of course and should not be condoned, but this rock sports anthum has be become synonymous with sports venues at all major sporting events. I think this music have moved beyond the original artist and become something more. It's a shame that now it will be banned because of actions of the original artist. That's my opinion.

Here's and article abount the situation:
    Read the rest here.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Does this also mean that Roman Polanski movies should be banned from sale in the United States as he fled the country to avoid conviction for statutory rape of that 13 year old girl? :icon_huh:

Should he give back his Best Director Oscar he won several years ago for the "The Pianist", made while a fugitive in Europe?

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Whats wrong with San Diego Super Chargers??:icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_mrgreen: :lol:

4. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    That's just retarded. I didn't know anything about this Gary Glitter dude until you just brought it up. Does anyone really care about what he did? Tons of people that we interact with daily have harmed others in the past and we don't know about it. Bad move NFL.

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Nothing. It's a great theme song, but the Gary Glitter song just gets the crowd pumped up. I'm sure you're heard it if you've been to any sports event.

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I say yes. Never should have given an Oscar to a criminal that is fleeing prosicution.

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    Anyone and I mean anyone who molstes a child better pray I never get my hands on the fuc'r.

Razor Blades and a Lamp Cord would just be the start of rest of his life in eternal pain....

8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    F- Glitter and Polanski

9. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Kwak the reason people molest children is because they weren't raised properly. I honestly can't blame criminals for committing the crimes they have committed, they couldn't do otherwise and it's not like they had a choice. They are a product of their environment... the way they were raised, their interactions (stimulus and response) with sources of information. It's not their fault they're fugged in the head it is the fault of society as a whole and until conditions get better expect many more nutcases. You want to hurt someone, hurt a parent who conceives a child without being able to support it or without committing his or her life to raise it properly. It's all an endless chain of BS... but pointing the finger is wrong :no:

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Even this finger ? :icon_finger: :icon_finger: :icon_finger: :icon_finger: :icon_finger: :icon_mrgreen:

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I'm not sure Polanski is in the same class as Glitter.

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I respect your take on this and agree about Gary Glitter. F-Him. But the music has become recognized as a sports anthem and most people don't even know who Gary Glitter is. Let him rot in jail. I just this it's music that has become synonymous with sports event and not this jack hole pedifile.

Direct link to the song if you don't know what song we're talking about.

Oh, need Windows media player for the link to work.

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Is this the Canadian point of view? :icon_eek: