1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Schedule Breakdown

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Big Bolts, May 6, 2008.

1. 31-last2years-4

31-last2years-4 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    1) New England Patriots – It must be pretty nice to be coming off a 16-0 regular season and not only get the 7th pick in the draft, but get the league’s easiest schedule at .387. Part of that is due to the 1-15 Dolphins and 4-12 NY Jets residing in their division. Still, here are there first 4 opponents: 1) Kansas City. 2) at NY Jets, 3) Miami, 4) Bye, 5) at San Francisco.

The only time they play 2007 playoff opponents in back to back weeks are Pittsburgh and Seattle in Weeks 13 and 14. There are only 4 playoff opponents out of 16 on their schedule. That is the minimum a team that finished in 1st place can play the following season. I’m sure the NY Jets will be better and that there will be some surprises on their schedule. However, considering the season the Patriots had and the changes they are making on defense, they got a very favorable schedule. It is easy not only in terms of overall quality, but the lack of quality they play in the first 5 weeks of the season while those new parts become acclimated to the Patriot’s way.

...The stars seem to be aligning for another run at Mercury Morris & Co.
    the masses would be on suicide watch!

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    :icon_rofl:

Not this year.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me,
    Starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee;
    Sounds of the rude world, heard in the day,
    Lull'd by the moonlight have all pass'd away!
    Beautiful dreamer, queen of my song,
    List while I woo thee with soft melody;
    Gone are the cares of life's busy throng,
    Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!

Beautiful dreamer, out on the sea
    Mermaids are chanting the wild lorelie;
    Over the streamlet vapors are borne,
    Waiting to fade at the bright coming morn.
    Beautiful dreamer, beam on my heart,
    E'en as the morn on the streamlet and sea;
    Then will all clouds of sorrow depart,

Wake up and smell the roses. I don't think as highly of the Patsy draft as some. Mayo and Wheatley are flawed. You'll take your division, but the playoffs will be a whole diferent story.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Well, I'll say this much for ya - you're a true homer for your team!! :lol:

5. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    The problem discounting New England is the simple fact that I can't find more than three losses on their schedule.

That tells me that they are the odds on favorite to get homefield advantage. Add the fact that their direct competition for AFC supremacy (San Diego, Indianapolis, Jacksonville) are all either warm weather or dome teams and.....................well, you get the point.

To be honest, you all and Jacksonville got spared by the weather gods in Boston last January, but the injury bug got you. Trust me, Tennessee, Indianapolis, and the Faiders have all been snowed under in big spots up there.

If I'm going to Vegas......I think San Diego may have the best team, but New England has all the little things going for them again.

Somebody is going to have to go 14-2 and get some help from a Seattle or Arizona to get homefield from the Pats. Indy won't get there, their division is too tough. The AFC South could be an 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, 8-8 division again since they play the Favre-less NFC North. Nobody in the North stands out THAT much, and that leaves you guys as the only hope.

• Like Like x 1
  6. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    anyone that thinks they could go 16-0 again is crazy

7. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54

The weather was actually pretty cold and windy. It just wasn't snowy. (It probably seemed downright balmy though compared to what GB and NY played in later).

Here is an excerpt from the SI story on the game

It was 23 degrees at gametime, making for frosty breaths on the field and putting the Patriots cheerleaders in parkas. Most players chose to ignore the cold and came out in short sleeves.

The brisk wind caused more noticeable problems. The goal posts shook with every gust while passes and punts sailed in crazy directions.

Now Jax did get it nice. If I remember correctly it was in the high 40's or even the low 50's.

I actually think bad weather hurts this Patriots team more than helps it, considering their reliance on their air attack.

8. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    I don't think its that crazy.............their schedule is much easier than it was last year IMO. They are substituting the NFC East (the best or second best division in football), for the NFC West, probably the second worst division.

I don't think they'll go 16-0 either, but there are bookies in Vegas that will probably have them prohibitive favorites in 14 games minimum.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yeah, like a working Video Camera.....

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    And Goodell running interference. :tdown: :icon_evil:

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    There is a similar ease of schedule for the Chargers. Whoever wins the match up has a chance to sweep the season, but that is unlikely to happen two years in a row. Injuries figure into the mix, sooner or later and the Patriot defense is getting older.