1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Ticket

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Just made my now annual call regarding the cost of NFL Ticket to DirecTV. Was supposed to be 6 payments of $53.99/pymt, knocked it down to $33.99/pymt for savings of $120. Also threw in sports package for $3.99/mo. for 3 months.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +449
    I only got the SUNDAY TICKET To-Go added on for free!

So do you just call the regular number?

I do get this nice note when I sign on to my account???

:tdown:

3. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Wait do you call DirecTV to complain? How the hell do you get that type of price drop! I want that!!!! :)

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    They offered me that as well. I live out in the sticks so it does me little good.
    Called the regular DirecTV #, told the rep that as a long-time subscriber I wasn't happy about the NFLTicket prices, & she made the offer. No haggling at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Buck is everything okay up your way with Irene? Good deal with the ST, I had it for years now it's going to be year two of hope I can find it on line.

6. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +449
    Thanks Buck!

The only offered me $10.00 off

I said I might have to cancel and she went to $20.00 off!

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Call in and tell them it's too expensive and you want to cancel. Good things can happen. Check out the threads about this at dbstalk.com.

I didn't get NFL Sunday ticket, but I did get the red zone channel for free. :D

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I did the same thing a month ago. :) The extra sports package (FSN/CSN) came free though...I think, I haven't really checked the bill.

I do the same thing when I threaten to cancel my movie chanels...."wait, we have a deal for you!" I have saved so much money just calling DirectTV to complain about prices.

9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    From DirecTV? They told me I can only get Red Zone if I get Sunday Ticket. That was last year, so maybe it's changed.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    What u need to do is bring up the option of canceling your current ST and opting to resign up. I dont kno what all my roommate ended up with I kno the ST on the go thing he got free hes already got all the movie channels and that was another I think they gave him 3 months of free. He was talking to them calmly and just keeping that idea of starting from scratch or dropping it out of disgust that new DTV members are gettting the ST completly FREE!! It has made me tempted to activate a membership at another friends house jus b/c FREE every game even if only one season is so fkin epic. Granted he doesnt like NFL, he has grown to like Aussie Football.

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    This is my second straight year of getting just the Red Zone Channel for free.

I sent the email below to this email address:
    directvcustomercare@directv.com

Edit to match your situation. They came back with "I'm sorry we can't because you need to have Sunday Ticket, yadda, yadda, yadda...". I then replied with "The only reason I'm with DirecTV is because of this channel. If I can't get it, I may have to reconsider my TV options". Two emails later, I was given the channel and saw it listed on my account at $0.00.

12. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I remain ultra-pissed off about the Red Zone situation. When I switched to DTV I specifically asked if I could get the Red Zone channel and was told yes. Of course that answer is correct, and nobody said "BUT you can only get it if you get Sunday Ticket." I fought with them last year, but they had me locked in so I guess nobody cared. I am getting ready to call them and fight with them again this week, they had damned well better let me have Red Zone only this year.

13. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    And I don't even care if I get it for free. I'll happily pay for Red Zone, I just don't want to have to pay for Sunday Ticket too. I go in person or my friend's sports bar for all Charger games. I like to watch Red Zone the rest of the time.

14. jwmann2

jwmann2 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The TV market is so cut-throat and competitive, you can often bluff these people. NFL Sunday Ticket is free this year for new DirecTv subscribers. Luckily, I live in my favorite team's market so I can get to catch every game if not attend the game.