1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Total Access discusses chargers RB issue

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Feb 17, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
  2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Very interesting video. We could go a few ways in terms of a RB. It's going to be interesting what AJ does because he's surprised me last 2 drafts picking Cason and English. I say if a stud in there at 28 and no impact NT is there, we get the bast available RB if it's a Dwyer, Blount, Matthews, etc.

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    We do not need to draft a RB early if we get a FA. We should draft more beef first!

4. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Also I DO NOT WANT WILLIE PARKER! F Willie Parker.

5. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    :icon_toast:

Willie Parker has really slowed down! He would have the same problems as LT.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Fresh legs, please, & not on Day One.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I would definitely consider signing Chester Taylor. He has about the same amount of career carries as LT had after the 2003 season, and was a Pro-Bowler before Peterson was drafted.

8. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Chester is 30 years old. Could of kept LT if we wanted an old man (RB years that is).

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Not advocating keeping him or not, but he doesn't have near the miles that LT has on those legs. I believe that was the point.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    WE've lucked out. WE should have the choice of 4 to 6 really good rb's in this draft. My favorites are dwyer, mathews , dixon and mcnight and 1 or 2 others. Any one of those guys would be good.

As far as when to get our rb. The thing is unless A.j. has one rb as his have to get guy I can see us picking up our rb in the 2nd round and get the best player with the first pick. Alots gonna depend on what happens to cromarite. If we trade cro then I'd have to think cb might be the first pick. I'm hoping for kyle wilson of bosie state. Or if we keep cro(argh) then get the best player on the board which we will need in the years ahead. WE need to improve the pass rush so that might be one way to look at it.

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    YOu also have to look at the cost. I hope and pray we can get sproles signed to a long term deal to stretch out the contract. We've got to sign Mcneil to a long term deal. Thats almost a must. So then we still have the tags to play with that we can keep jackson and merriman and maybe floyd. It would be very nice to get them signed to long term deals as well. But I think jackson and merriman are gonna play the game for the big bucks. Which means we'd have to tag them.

My question is. Which player do you franchise tag. Jackson or merriman. IN which case a team would have to give us 2 first rounders for. Which one looks the juiciest for some team to give us two 1st rounders for.

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Taylor has as many career carries as LT had after 2003. Just like Thomas Jones, RB's who don't become starters until they are only last longer. Jones didn't become a starter until he was about 30, and he has been of of the best in the NFL every year since. Age is only an issue when you have a ton of miles on the legs

13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Neither will be franchised, and neither would get us a pair of 1st's. It is unlikely that either will get us even the 1st and 3rd they will get with a restricted free agent tender, and the RFA tender would cost less than 1/2 what the franchise would cost

14. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    McNeill - Sign long term
    Jackson - Sign long term with a DUI clause
    Floyd - Sign long term
    Merriman - Trade bait
    Cro - Trade bait
    Sproles - Trade bait

Pick up the trade bait replacements and Sign Beef!!!!!!

15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    For the folks out in left field;

Anyone heard about this guy?

Joique Bell
    Wayne State
    6'1" 223 lbs.
    4.55 40yd dash
    6,728 yds rushing 5.7 yds. avg. 88 TDs
    918 yds. rec. 79 receptions 8 TDs

Where in the heck is Wayne State?

Pointy :icon_twisted:

16. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I can see us trading Cromartie for Deangelo Williams or Willis Mcgahee and then picking a Corner with the first round pick.

...on another matter...

Did anyone else here that Vincent Jackson was given jail sentence for his DUI????

Does this put us in the mix for Brandon Marshall?

Maybe we could trade Cromartie to New England for Randy Moss and a 3rd or 4th pick!

17. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Just the kind of guy AJ goes after!

18. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    i say get dwyer or matthews, then in the same draft pick up either lagarette blount or toby gerhart, those would be good combinations

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    God, I hope not! That guy will bring more drama then Merriman, Phillips and Cro combined! That will never happen as long as AJ is in charge and I'm glad. Great talent but 10 cent brain. Keep VJ at all costs. Marshall would be a great fit for the Faiders though!

20. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Guy is from Wayne State. Sounds like the kind of guy Bobby Bethard goes after. :lol:

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah - I have him going to us in the 5th.

22. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    At this point I would say there is a better than average chance that ONE of those players you listed winds up in Lightning Bolts this spring.

23. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    I put this in another thread... but what the heck.

If you watch his highlight video, he's pretty impressive, but he's going up against DII talent.

One thing, AJ is big on college production, doesn't care if you play at a small school, and does pay attention to the Senior Bowl.

24. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's sounds like a AJ pick if I ever saw one!

"Joiqued" a lot of defensive players in that highlight video!

25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Only if we trade next years 1st and pick him in the 2nd round.

It will be interesting to see who is there at 28, but RB by the 2nd round sounds likely.

26. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Just mentioning that I brought this name up a few days ago, now there is a thread about the same person.