1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL Trade Talk 2013

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Oct 15, 2013.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456
    Yep. pretty sure we have enough left to buy 1 hot dog and 1 coke at Quallcomm's process.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Then we should have enough to get a whole LB corps... Oh you said Soda... Not Beer....

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Jared Allen but I'm pretty sure we can't afford him.

Would love Joe Haden.

4. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    I'd give up a 3rd rounder for Larry Fitzgerald.. Just saying..

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Hell give up a first! We would get more use out of it than many of our recent #1 picks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I mean Fluker has performed beyond my expectations so far, he will be tested in a tough slate of games in this 2nd half of the year.

The return of Melvin Ingram is just around the corner I feel. At least another month or so I believe, either for the game @ KC or the following week against Cincy. Mathews and Liuget have picked up their play as well the last few weeks.

He has a huge cap hit, but if he has Rivers throwing him the ball, he will put numbers up. Cardinals have NEVER had an elite QB throwing him the ball. Warner was way past his prime, look how far they went, then it was Leinart, Kolb and a **** load of other terrible QB's.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Agree on Ingram and Fluker. I was thinking more along the lines of Busted and Engrish...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    I'm salivating at the sheer thought of this happening. Fitz is already an amazing talent on his own, but if he had Rivers throwing him the ball, he'd be right up there in the "Best WR" conversation with Megatron and Dez.

What's his cap hit? Something along the lines of 10-15mm this year?

9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,601
    Only a $2.6M hit for the acquiring team.

That said his cap hit next year would over $16M, at 31 years old. And possibly over $20M in 2015.

And let's be honest we need pass rushers more than anything, Rivers can make due with the weapons we have.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    We're better off finding that in the draft or free agency/stick to some combination of players.

Say we draft, I don't know, Kyle Van Noy in the 1st, we would have Freeney, Ingram, Johnson, Van Noy, and Williams/Keiser. That would be something.

Agree on Fitz, it's his contract that makes him most likely to stay in Arizona. He's got a hefty pay day coming from the Cardinals next few years. Believe it's actually $18M in 2014/15.

Justin Blackmon being shopped as well. I'd give up a 2nd/3rd. He had the off the field issue, but if Cleveland is holding out on Josh Gordon getting a 2nd, I imagine Jax is looking for a high 2nd or even 1st, which would be outrageous.

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,601
    I'd take Gordon over Blackmon, JMO.

I wish there were more pass rushers on the block. I'd give up multiple high picks to land someone like Robert Quinn, Ryan Kerrigan, Greg Hardy, or even an older guy like Woodley.

12. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I think I would too. I really don't mind giving up a 2nd for Gordon, you just have to get an arm around him in that locker room. He has all the tools to be a top 5 WR in this league, he has to get there mentally.

I had some thoughts on Woodley, but I don't think the Steelers would move him at all, though there defense needs to be revamped and also their OL. Maybe a Clary, 4th rounder for Woodley? :) Lol wishful thinking, but I think Brian Orakpo would be the most likely to be traded in Washington.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +768
  14. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Actually, somehow I missed the "going off" Sunday...

but I think Dez is rapidly become a Top 5 receiver, if he hasn't already...
    he just keeps improving...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +768
    I have Dez on my FF team so I was watching that game, and during the entire time when he was on the side lines the announcers were mentioning how Dez looked like he was going after Romo. From the looks of the clip it looked like he was more upset at himself than anything else.

I agree, behind Calvin I believe its a 3 way tie between Dez, AJ Green and Julio.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,600
    If we are looking for better offensive weapons I imagine Hakeem Nicks wouldn't cost anywhere near as much as Fitzgerald, money or picks wise. But if I'm going for a home run hitter, I'm spending the pick not on Fitzgerald but on Josh Gordon

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,601
    @RapSheet: For the #Eagles and Vinny Curry, they've taken calls, not made them. Organization sees his talent. We'll see if they get an offer big enough

18. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Nicks just hasn't looked like himself this year. Far too many drops, but that has been in his game since he entered the league, but also the long injury history.

Fitzgerald and Gordon I do like because they are durable and can consistently get separation.

19. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    We should be one of those calls.

He was a perfect fit for the 3-4 during the draft, since he's been in Philly he's put on 14 pounds and got up to 280, don't know how his explosiveness and quickness to get off the edge is.

20. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    AJ is a field stretcher, amazing route runner and hands.

But Dez can do everything Calvin can do. Except, haul in ridiculous passes against triple coverage, that's where Calvin separates himself from everyone else in the league, his amazing size, speed, and strength. It's almost unfair how big he is. Stafford just hangs that ball up there and he goes and gets it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +768
    The rich just keep getting richer, Seattle is going hard after Jared Allen.

22. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +768
    Scratch that

Jay Glazer
    ‏@JayGlazer
    47s
    Contrary to what is out there Seattle is NOT one of the teams in it for Jared Allen. Two others but Seattle is not talking to Vikes for him

23. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,601
    Nobody more reliable than Glazer, dude is connected.

24. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +768
    Agreed.

This isn't good

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 12m
    Would have to make room. Interesting possibility MT @Gil_Brandt: Hearing @DenverBroncos attempting to trade for Jared Allen. Deadline: 4 ET

25. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Would lead to a pretty good player being released.. Shaun Phillips maybe? Has seen a decrease of play since Von Miller has been back. Doubt it though. Denver has so much dead money though, no way they have the cap space.

I hope Seattle snaps him up, because it would lead to a real good player being released.. like Schofield, who've I been praising all along since he joined Seattle.

26. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,601
    @AdamSchefter: Broncos not in on Vikings DE Jared Allen. Options diminishing.

@JasonLaCanfora: Browns not getting calls on Josh Gordon or Greg Little with deadline approaching. 49ers been shopping Nnamdi, Baldwin, Dixon for a while...

I'd love to get Dixon, we need a goal line back.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  27. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +768
    I heard the Broncos were still all in on acquiring Jared Allen, unfortunately for them they proposed a trade through "Fax" which didn't make it in time:roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Not that we had the room, but would have loved to see TT get us some help in the LB corps...

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Elvis may be the first person not to get a Kinko hook-up in Miami.

Or was Elvis' real mistake trusting a guy named "Marty Magid" with a $13.6 million task...?
    Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 3.34.22 PM.png

30. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +299
    Trade deadline came and went. Looks like TT and MM are standing pat. I'm down with that...from the catbird seat here I just didn't see anyone dangled in front of us that would put us over the hump so that it would make sense to jettison a 2014 draft pick. Our playoff hopes, to cite the Magic 8 Ball, are "hazy" IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1