1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFLDC updated mock 4/23

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PhillyChargerFan, Apr 23, 2007.

1. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288
  2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

Is there a reason for wanting Gonzalez over Sydney Rice?

3. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288
    I don't know, I didn't do the mock

4. BeTheHammerNotTheNail

BeTheHammerNotTheNail BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. I would take Rice any day of the week before considering Gonzalez. Hell, I wouldn't even look at Gonzalez if Steve Smith was still available. As both have similar size and speed, who would you choose between Smith and Gonzalez? The guy who consistently produced more than any other receiver over the last few years while playing pro style football at SC, or the guy from the option offense who was the team's #3 receiving option? Smith is Keenan McCardell with 4.4 speed and maybe better hands. Gonzalez is Samie Parker at the very best.

5. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Gonzo has Houshmandzadeh-like ability. I like him... but I say we go defense, defense, defense. I think AJ will give the thumbs up to Meriweather and could take him.. Meriweather is a FOOTBALL PLAYER as AJ says, and he wrote to all the teams about his actions. Seems like the Castillo situation. It's pretty hard to get a read on this draft so it will be interesting. I hope AJ doesn't blow the late round picks on guys who can "challenge" in camp, but on guys who are boom or bust because of injuries or sleepers. One thing which is consistent with all of AJ's picks is that the players he takes are the leaders of their respective teams. Think about it... Almost everyone he has selected the past few years have been "captains" of their teams or demonstrate leadership abilities. AJ doesn't like guys who take the backseat and hasn't drafted any as far as I know.

6. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    no chance^^

meriweather sucks

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    My mock

1. 30- Rice WR............comparable to Chad Johnson
    2. 62- Bush RB............Beast of a RB
    3. 93- Piscitelli SS..............full package SS
    4. 96- Walker WR...............underrated sleeper pick
    5. 129- HB Blades ILB............fills a need
    6. 167- Koets OT.............sleeper pick at OT, could be GREAT! I like this guy.
    7. 172- McClain FB...........LoNeal carbon copy.
    8. 240- Olajubutu OLB............because hes got a funny name and he's only 5'9. LOL

p.s. AJ has met 51 players, Meriweather wasnt one of them. Thats gotta tell ya something.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

It tells me that AJ isn't interested in Pacman II. :tdown: