1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL's worst Coaches

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SDRaiderH8er, Dec 7, 2013.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/7-worst-nfl-coaches-ever.html/

[​IMG]

6. Harland Svare
    Harland Svare comes in at No. 6 on Pro-Football-Reference.com’s list, and his six-year stunt as an NFL coach now isn’t exactly looked highly upon, as he only registers twenty-one wins out of seventy-four total games coached. Svare first coached the Los Angeles Rams from 1962 to 1965 where he registered fourteen wins out of forty-eight total games, but he left the team before signing on for the San Diego Chargers in 1971,where he finished out his last three seasons, voluntarily leaving after the 1972 term.

Svare’s win-loss percentage ended at 30.4 percent, and he was twenty-seven games shy of a 50 percent winning percentage.

2. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    if you didn't live through this mess, then you haven't lived! So do not complain about the other guys!

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    You must just hate all of us who did live through that period, I don't even think there is a word to explain those times.

4. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    No I don't. I wonder what the masses would have done had they been around when when Svare was the head coach.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I become nauseated just thinking about it!!!!!

6. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    and as year passes us by, it hurts a little more to see that our beloved Chargers will not hoist a Lombardi trophy to call our own.

7. Dominion Bolt

Dominion Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +104
    Aside from Svare, what's interesting on that card is (if my count is correct), 4 HOF players (Unitas, Jones, Mackey, and Sweeney [AFL HOF].

8. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I've asked that question many times, of those who were childishly hysterical over 9-7.
    Maybe a couple of 5-11 & 3-13 seasons will re-set the palate…and weed out the weak fans...

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    lets just go back to that 2000 season when we went 1-15.

10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,720
    A season that ultimately landed us Tomlinson and Brees.

And when we went 4-12 in '03 we landed a second franchise changing QB in Rivers. As painful as those seasons might be, they can be turned into gold if capitalized in the draft. These 7 and 8 win seasons haven't been very productive for us.

11. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,697
    I'd say the last offseason was much improved and if TT continues at a similar rate, we're in good shape.

Top 10 draft picks aren't necessary to be a winning organization - good drafting is.

Are they nice to have when you're in need of a marquee position player (a la franchise QB)? Of course, but if your GM (and his team) is making good decisions on draft day and in the FA market you don't need ****** seasons to maintain a solid contender.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,720
    But we don't have a contender anymore Syd. McCoy is smarter than Norv and has been able to hide our mediocre O-line and revive our offense for the most part. But our defense has regressed to one of the worst in the league with countless holes at all 3 levels. Big picture, we're a mediocre team playing mediocre football.

I don't think we need a 4-12 to overhaul the defense in 1 offseason, but it'd speed things up. My biggest fear right now is that we will develop a good O-line and defense again just in time for Rivers to retire.

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,697
    I never said we had a SB contender. I'm speaking only to the idea that a lower draft pick is necessary for a successful draft.

While I will readily admit our roster needs work, I don't believe we are so far gone PR would be at the point of retirement before both sides of the ball are shored up. Barring a catastrophic injury anyway (knock on wood).

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,720
    You said we don't need a **** season to maintain a contender, what I'm saying is that we may need one **** season to become a contender again in time.

But it is what is, TT will need to hit on these picks early and often, and do better in FA than Derek Cox.

15. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    You mean Norv Turner wasn't the wost head coach to ever grace an NFL sideline?!?!?!?!

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Since you can tell the future can you give me the Mega Millions numbers for Tuesday?

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    We're a few bonehead calls away from the playoffs this year and aren't even out of it yet (albeit needing a lot of help), and that's with our ****** defense.

I don't see how it's far fetched that another good offseason or two can make us even better contenders. I'm not predicting that happens, I'm just saying it's not out of the reasonable realm of possibilities like you're making it out to be.

Also, Peyton Manning likely retires in a year or two dampening the competition a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1