1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nice wirte up of BoltTalk this morning

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    From Blogdoms Best

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/blogdome/blogdoms-best-san-diego-chargers-134746.php

It might not — yet — have the online fanaticism and cachet of baseball, but the NFL and its fans are starting to catch up in the world of team-devoted blogs. To this end, Deadspin salutes these modem-addled souls and proudly presents Blogdom’s Best, given to the most outstanding blog for each NFL team. There are fewer than there are for baseball, but they’re out there, if you look. If you would like to nominate a blog (yours, even) for selection, just let us know at tips@deadspin.com. Today: The San Diego Chargers.

There’s a lot we don’t like about Alex Spanos. Long before Tom DeLay made it an art form, Spanos was, evidently, involved in his own political money laundering schemes. Then of course there’s his book, which has a forward by noted gasbag Rush Limbaugh. Yes, his sins are many. But he’s also a noted philanthropist, and his football team has always been fun to watch.

What would it take to make San Diego a true football fan’s paradise? Well, a new stadium would be nice. And, um, a Super Bowl trophy. But other than that, this place has it all: the weather, Ladainian Tomlinson, Drew Brees and a rabid, devoted fan base. And these fans love to blog. They hate their rivals (Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos), and they’re not above shooting down their own team. But they are gentle bullets — bullets of love. Here are our three favorite Chargers blogs.

3. Super Chargers. You won’t find a lot of bells and whistles here — just a couple of guys writing their asses off about the Chargers, every day, with passion. We love it.
    2. Chargers Confidential. Reading this blog, one would never figure the Chargers were doing well. And come to think of it, that’s what a blog should be.
    1. Bolt Talk. The blog of record for the Chargers, this is the place to be if you love San Diego and love football. They had the Randall Godfrey story up this morning before most of the mainstream news sites.

Hey, we got through this whole thing without mentioning Ryan Leaf once … doh!

2. daniel5678

daniel5678 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Keep up the nice work with the site! I don't know how you have enough time to get all the stories up but kudos to you.

I tried posting at Chargers.com too but there are just so many people on there and many of them say the craziest things. This place is pretty relaxing.

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Thanks Daniel, it does take up a lot of time and I do have a family and job to take care of. But I really enjoy putting this site out for all you fans. It's a great outlet for me.

But please feel free to post article you come across here in the forums. Also please spread the word about the site. The more Bolt fans the merrier!

:D

4. Raiderssuckass

Raiderssuckass BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    That's awesome. Congrats Ray! Keep up the great work! :kickass:

5. SDITSURFER

SDITSURFER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Great job and thanks for all the hard work it was really is cool to be able to come to one site to satisfy my Chargers fix.