1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nick Hardwick, Antonio Gates & Andrew Pinnock 2 the PUP list & EP likely 2b released

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ghost_, Jul 23, 2008.

1. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-2-49/Another-Charger-to-PUP.html

Another Charger to PUP

July 23, 2008 12:19 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Another Charger looks like he is headed to the Physically unable to Perform List. Standout center Nick Hardwick appears on his way to the PUP, joining all-world tight end Antonio Gates and fullback Andrew Pinnock.

Like Gates, Hardwick was expected to go this route for months after having off-season surgery. There is a chance that both Hardwick and Gates could miss sometime early in the season but both players remain confident they will be ready to go for the start of the season.

The team signed veteran Jeremy Newberry as insurance for Hardwick earlier in the offseason.
    There has been some speculation that San Diego could look at bringing back former Pro Bowl fullback Lorenzo Neal if Pinnock does not heal quickly. However, the team is confident Pinnock will return and it also likes second-round pick Jacob Hester who can play both tailback and fullback. Neal wants to return to the NFL. There were signs earlier this offseason that Denver or Philadelphia could make a run at him but nothing developed.

Meanwhile, it appears the Eric Parker situation could come to a head soon with his likely release.

San Diego Chargers, Nick Hardwick, Antonio Gates, Andrew Pinnock, Eric Parker

Sort comments by: Most Recent | First Posted

2. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Nick Hardwick, Antonio Gates & Andrew Pinnock 2 the PUP list & EP likely 2b relea

If they can't practice at a reasonable pace with the team at this point, they will be on the PUP list. It gives the team more roster flexibility. It will be concerning only if they remain on the PUP list the closer it gets to the start of the regular season.

3. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Nick Hardwick, Antonio Gates & Andrew Pinnock 2 the PUP list & EP likely 2b relea

Though it hurts in the short run, good move IMO. Get those guys healed up - they're too important to the long-range plan.

Newberry/Manumaleuna can hold down the fort for now.

As for the return of Neal... I'm lukewarm. I love the guy, but I don't know if he's got anything left. Plus I dread seeing the the pass to Lo that would have gone for -1 yards... if he caught it :lol::blink:

4. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

I need to bring my new child some chicken soup...

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

That pass to Lo Neal will be a pass to Hester instead.... for at least 5 yards. :yes:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929

the only real issue is whether these guys are on the PUP at the end of the pre-season, for now its no biggie

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

The Roster exemptions will help in camp.

8. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21

How does the PUP list work? I was under the impression that if a player was on the PUP list that he had to miss 6 weeks?

Does that only apply if the player is on the PUP at the start of the season and not in preseason?

9. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028

Damn straight - this 80 man roster limit is stupid IMO. Should have jumped on 90 when it was proposed - this junk is going to wind up costing the teams more by trying to go on the cheap. :censored:

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

I am fairly sure that is correct

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

from some damn internet site