1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nielson Ratings Put Chargers at 13th most popular NFL Team

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by dizzle498, Sep 10, 2010.

1. dizzle498

dizzle498 Bolts lover 4 life

Ratings:
    +10
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    And yet...we can't sell out a home opener.

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    San Diego is also one of the most expensive cities in the US and has nearly an 11% unemployment rate. What it comes down to is a lot of people are broke, even those with Jobs. $98 per seat plus food, drinks, and parking is pretty damn expensive when people think about the option of sitting at home with a few friends for the cost of a few Burgers and a case of beer

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Maybe people are voicing their discontent over the VJ and MM situations w/ their wallets? :icon_shrug:

I'll be there so I couldn't care less if it's sold out or not.

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I do think that is part of it, but I doubt that represents all 10,000 seats that are unsold

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Don't be naive people. We had trouble selling out games last year too, they damn near blacked out the home game against the Raiders. It has nothing to do with Jackson and McNeill and everything to do with San Diego just not being a football town. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm embarrassed.

For comparison, I bought tickets to the Seahawks/Charger game the very day single game tickets came out.....the Seahawks have already sold out every home game this season....they won 4 games last year.

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    And that is why we get to watch them no less than five times in prime time this season.

8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    It has nothing to do w/ VJ/MM. It has nothing to do w/ the team. It's the economy, stupid!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I have to agree with the economy being a major factor, a Chargers game for 2 people will add up to a minimum of $200 and a lot of folks have had to cut back. Add to this the number of other things to do in San Diego, the number of residents from somewhere else and the fact that the Chargers have not built up a lasting winning tradition that helps to build large, loyal fanbase. If the team starts winning and looking good doing it, games will sell out. I've heard that the fans from Jacksonville will be representing....both of them.