1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nine Nuggets(Chargers for real?)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 11, 2006.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Fox Sports analyst Adam Schein-
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6046574

"2. The San Diego Chargers are officially for real after watching them claw back behind Philip Rivers and knock off the defending Super Bowl champion Steelers.

We begged Marty Schottenheimer to take the training wheels off of Rivers.

The result on Sunday night was a breakout game for the young quarterback.

But perhaps the bigger story was how Rivers' effectiveness resulted in 1-3 start for the struggling Steelers.

Down 10-0, Rivers made a really nice throw, on an aggressive play call, to Malcolm Floyd, who out-grappled the relatively diminutive Deshea Townsend. Rivers threw a strike to Antonio Gates (remember him) for the lead at 17-13. In total, Rivers showed poise and great command against a really good defense, throwing for 242 yards.

On the other side, Ben Roethlisberger was just awful in the second half. Pestered with pressure from Shaun Philips and the great Chargers defense, the quarterback tossed two awful picks in big spots.

Roethlisberger looks lost this season. He still hasn't thrown a touchdown pass while getting picked off seven times.

But this isn't all on Ben. The offensive line has been shoddy, the receivers aren't helping, and the special teams unit has been flat out bad.

Pittsburgh is in big trouble."

2. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    So much for Shaun being the "other guy":lol:

3. rapscallion

rapscallion BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    As a re-planted San Diegan, I have to catch the games on TV. I have been hoping to see a sign at a game that says:

"The Other Guy!" #95

and also

Spiderman! #88

How about it, game attenders?

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I think we are set on Parker being the bondsman
    We need unequivocably to get Phillips another nickname, that just won't cut it

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I still like BatBoy:icon_mrgreen: