1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nine unsung heroes in the wild-card round

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You wont believe who is #2!

2. Antonio Cromartie

So you might be asking how a player who at this time last year was recognized as the best in football at the cornerback position could find his way on an unsung hero list. It's easy. Cromartie had a rough first three quarters of the season. He won't be on anyone's ballot for the first team in the NFL this year. He isn't a Pro Bowler. And you probably can think of early season highlights when you saw Cromartie getting beat like a drum.

But there's a good reason for this. Cromartie was playing hurt. The star had a hip flexor injury and a chipped bone in his hip. Cromartie told us on Monday that since Thanksgiving, he finally feels something close to 100 percent. It most certainly is not coincidence that Cromartie's improved health sparked the Chargers' march from 5-8 to AFC West champions.

Cromartie has had a lot of success against Peyton Manning during the three games the clubs have played against each other over the last two years. In addition to his freakish athletic ability, Cromartie says that comes from intensive film study. If San Diego is to win Saturday night, it will get a few difference-making plays from the 2007 star. When healthy, Cromartie is still one of the best players in the NFL on defense.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9014432/Nine-unsung-heroes-in-the-wild-card-round

2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    YGBSM! to qoute BFISA. Foxsports, shut the hell up and do some research. Though, keep Jimmy Johnson in the studio. He's a crackup for all the RIGHT reasons.

3. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    lmao the worst cb in the ****in league! :icon_rofl::tdown:

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    WTF does YGBSM mean?

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Our Bolt's will win this game. It may not be in great fashion, but they'll get it done.:tup:

6. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Cro will get tested tomorrow. If he is up to the test, we should see at lease one interception by him (pick six!). He is due to breakout...this is as good a time as any!

I still believe in Cro!:yes:

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Wait, I think I got it.

You Gotta Be Shittin Me

8. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    lmao you would think bfisa would grow up. "LOL"