1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No 100 Yards for LT

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Dec 5, 2008.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    BUt he still had a hell of a game. He actually looked like he gave a **** when it came to getting yards. It was refreshing seeing him spinning and driving the pile forward. His legs never stopped trying to move forward. That is the LT we needed all year and years to come. It's when I see him running like he did last night that makes it look as though he either didn't care or wasn't trying earlier in the year. Last night was pure drive and desire.

GO LT!!!!

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yes. I liked his inside running.

The shiit head also ran out of bounds 6 inches short of the first down marker though... then McNeill got that false start penalty and had to go 3 & 5+ instead of 1st & 10.

BTW, did you see LTs reaction when McNeill got the penalty? He needs to realize they can avoid those situations if he cuts back and stays in bounds for the extra yard and a half. AND the clock keeps running.
    I realize it was 3rd quarter & game was all but over... but...
    He's gonna have to do it down the stretch at some point. Especially against the bucs. Because their pass D is pretty fuggin good and not likely to give up those easy 5 yard over the middle dinks to VJ.

3. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    I totally agree!:abq1:

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    This is what happens when you have somewhat decent run blocking.

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    LT to AJ - Don't you even consider trading my ***!

6. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I was wondering why LT kept coming out of the game.

It seemed like he would run for 5 yards and then take himself out of the game. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  7. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Because Sproles was the Shiiyat last night!!

8. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Absolutely, you could see Tomlinson enjoying Sproles's performance while he was on the bench. BTW how about that bullshit block from the back call that negated the touchdown?

9. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Yea, total bullshit, you could tell that Cason wasnt intentionally blocking that guy...what a crock of shiit...

I bet cason feels bad, cuz the next return, poor sproles fumbled...

awsome return for him though...he looked untouchable..

10. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    IMO the block in the back call alone is a bullshit (at the ref's discretion) penalty. Yeah, it's gotta be there because it could have so many implications but most of the time it's a ticky-tack call where you'll get it sometimes and they completely miss it other times.

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    It's just the latest in line of **** calls this year. I don't recall ever having a season with so many ****** calls. :pissed:

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    eh it was a ticky tacky call but the refs were pretty flag happy so they were being consistent, it'd be different if they weren't making any calls and decided to make that one.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think our perceptions that LT is "moping" or "lost it" was due to him knowing that Norv had abandoned the run. He isn't about getting all of the carries. He just wants to see the running game go. Whether it's him or Sproles or Hester or Tolbert... he's ok with sharing the load. And he enjoys seeing those guys do well.

Some called him a puussy for it last year. But the dude just wants a ring.

We need the exact same gameplan next week vs KC. :bolt:

14. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Pt. 1 of gameplan - Run it down their throats as long as the oline/Hester helps out
    Adjustment - try to soften up the 8inthebox with passes, don't even have to be deep ones
    Pt. 2 - mix it up on the run, and use play action a lot unless the running game is nonexistant
    Pt. 3 - make them play physical and be more physical with them.
    Result: a win in almost any case. IE Titans playoffs, entire 2006 season, last night

For defense: Repeat of last night but still why so soft in the passing D?