1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No autographs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Heir Coryell, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Heir Coryell

Heir Coryell BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +29
    So I get my family to agree to a vacation to San Diego. I fly from PA to SD talking up to my son how he can get autographs from his favorite players. Now I find out they cancelled that - what a let down bummer. They show all the big stars on their website signing at practice but I scheduled other family stuff at those times - I understand why they did it but I'm still majorly pissed.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    You're referring to this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-sign-autographs-at-fanfest/#comment-1912268

Took my son to this a few years ago. In order to get down to the field to get an autograph, you need to have a child with you. Problem is, the adults just end up pushing through the crowd. I stopped going because of this. Got way too rough.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    If you send an item to the Chargers with return postage they will get it signed and send it back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    There will be some all time greats there early in the day signing autos. This was mentioned today on the fan call with Bill Johnson who is the PR guy for the Chargers.

5. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Took my son to Fan Fest, some of the starters doid hanfg around after practice to sign for the kids. He got a few from past players - Darren Bennett, John Carney, Mike Goff, Billy Ray Smith and Doug Wilkerson - If you are still in town there are more open practices.

Attached Files:

6. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Just take your family over to the practice facility and see what happens. Or call and see what you can do or set up. The NFL is BIG on public relations.

7. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    and if that doesn't work throw a rock through their window.:mad:

8. Heir Coryell

Heir Coryell BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +29
    My son did get a few of the players who decided to sign afterward...they were practice squad guys, but he was happy so it turned out all good. I got Anthony Miller which made me happier even tho he's a bum for going to the Donkeys later in career. It was a nice gesture with them high fiving the fans to begin practice, but my son couldn't get down in time to partake....oh well.

• Like Like x 1