1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No Chargers on DVD in Europe

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by cranberry, Aug 22, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Oct 3, 2006
    This ist my letter I wrote to several NFL accounts via E-mail last
    wekk, but I didn't get an answer. Maybe bolttalks-friends can
    support me to find an answer.

Dear NFL familiy,

for nearly 30 years now, I'm a fan of American Football and specialy of the NFL. I support the San Diego Chargers
    and the west-coast-style-offense since the days of Coryell and Fouts. For most of the years I could only follow
    AFN radio and TV to get some games and scores from a season. Sometimes three weeks later than the original
    game was played. Things became better, when Internet arrived, but still only some Superbowl-Games could be
    seen on open TV in Germany.

Last year I was able to order all Charger-Games on DVD by Pontel in Switzerland. I was proud to see every minute
    of my team and LT's records. Surprisingly the NFL prohibited Pontel to release the games of the new 2007 season.
    If the NFL would only change the company to work with, it would be o.k. That's business. But with the pre-season to
    start I have no offer, where to get DVDs from. I cannot follow the NFL policy: finishing the NFL Europe because of
    30 mill. $ deficit is a clear decision, but to refuse to make money with selling DVDs I can't understand.

Please answer me, tell me the background or show me the way to get my view of a great NFLseason.

Thomas Krambeer

I don't think I have the computer to get more than 3 hours
    via internet from a game. Do they send homemade copies from
    games around in the US ? Can the Charger management sell DVDs ?
  2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Aug 12, 2006
    Hey I saw this too. I used Pontel in 2005. The DVDs arrived too late for me to make it worthwhile but they did try their best there is no doubt. I reckon they have been dumped after the extended deal with Sky. I guess u are probably outside their footprint but if u can get it, they are showing NFL Total Access every day now. We had the Rams preseason game live last weekend. They will have a triple header every sunday and the monday night game all the way through the season. Week one we have the Bears game live and ofcourse the Pats game week 2.

Sky has killed Pontel like they have killed other competitors in the past. If you can't beat em u gotta join em. I know this doesn't really help u but I reckon we can say bye bye forever to Pontel or their ilk. :no:

3. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Jul 22, 2007
    Great to hear we have so many fans on the other side of the pond.

Oldie Out
  4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Aug 20, 2006
    The NFL is a gluttonous beautiful whore... she takes it all keeps us comin' back for more.
  5. InigoMontoya

InigoMontoya BoltTalker

Jun 18, 2007
    Have you tried bit torrent? I just installed it the other day, but I've yet to download anything.
  6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Jul 12, 2007
    I am going to buy an extra large hd and download all the games this year, even though I have a season ticket and a nice tv. If I tripped and fell and the games were on dvds that went into an envelope and into the mail, I think more folks out there could enjoy the games, too.:yes:
  7. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Apr 29, 2007
    wonderslug found the games on the net and started a thread:tup:

Download the HD version of the game encoded into XviD format at the following link:

2.05 GB

(Note that the above is a .TORRENT file and not the actual XviD files.)

Requires BitTorrent software.

For me, uTorrent is the best.

Get it at http://www.utorrent.com

my guess would be that more pep will post the games on these site:tup:
    if your coumputer dose not have the memory i suggest getting an exturnal hard drive :yes:
    or just download and then burn it to a dvd and then delete it:icon_toast: :tup:

good luck
    Dublin Bolt

hope some of us fans can help you guys out