1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No charges for Cromartie

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Dec 3, 2009.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www.10news.com/news/21800156/detail.html

SAN DIEGO -- Chargers defensive back Antonio Cromartie will not be charged following an early morning altercation at a Pacific Beach nightspot on Nov. 23, authorities told 10News.

Monica Munoz of the San Diego Police Department said, "Based on our investigation we have determined that there is not enough evidence to indicate that a crime occurred. The case has been inactivated and will not be sent anywhere for prosecution."

Cromartie allegedly threw a champagne bottle that hit 24-year-old San Diego resident Kamaldeep Saran on the head at Bar West on Hornblend Street about 1:15 a.m. on Nov. 23, police reported that day.

The Pro Bowl star told investigating officers the container had merely "slipped out of his hand," SDPD Detective Gary Hassen said.

Saran's injuries were not serious enough to require hospital treatment, and no one was arrested, Hassen said.

Cromartie and several of his Chargers teammates were at the tavern celebrating their 32-3 trouncing of the Denver Broncos on Nov. 22. The victory put the team atop the AFC West.

A man who was with Saran at the bar told 10News that prior to the purported assault, his group and the professional athletes had been celebrating the team's win by buying bottles of champagne, shaking them up and spraying each other with the liquid. The festivities came to an end, the witness said, when Cromartie hit his friend with one of the bottles.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Some additional updates from Acee...

@sdutChargers: Cromartie won't be charged. Said Cro: "I knew I wouldn't. I didn't do anything."

@sdutChargers: Cops said they Cromartie never told them "bottle slipped" and they don't know where that story came from -- ka

3. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    Who else did he crack with a bottle?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Tons of conflicting reports on this. One of the papers mentioned that "the suspect that was interviewed said the bottle slipped out of his hand" but didn't name Cromartie as that suspect specifically. Another mentioned a victims friend who didn't know who had thrown the bottle. Even the bar owner said the incident was minor. My only question is why aren't bars and clubs forced to have cameras every 40 ft?

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I dunno, I'm starting to lose confidence in law enforcement these days. They were determined to get Cromartie for something, if not felony assult then at least a "misdemenor". I know Cromartie isn't the brightest fellow, but I hear too many stories about the police trying to pull fast ones on people by offering settlements where the client admits they were guilty to get charges dropped....when in reality they don't actually have any evidence to convict the person anyway.

Enough of this bullshit, lets move on.

6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    This is good news for Cromartie now lets go beat the Browns... :tup: :abq2:

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    "Justice System" is an oxymoron. I was suspicious of this from the beginning, but this time the DA made a smart move. The crux of this, regardless of what actually happened, was that the witnesses had been drinking rather liberally. I have three words on this-Sagan Penn and OJ, both abject lessons in the consequences of police and prosecutorial misconduct.

8. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    I knew it would get thrown out. Crimes that happen in bars, with drunk people, rarely stick to the wall so to speak.

In any case assault with a deadly weapon. For a bar fight?

We live in a world of pussies. Waaaa someone hit me I am going to send them to jaillll.

In the US it seems the cops are called for everything. Minor fights, minor thefts. People being too loud, random minor traffic accidents. You stole a pen. Get ready to get charged with theft. No worries though it will be dropped, however employer's get to see that you stole. Good luck finding a good job.

The new cry baby system where lying and running helps you more than admitting you did anything.