1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

'No doubt' a team in L.A. for 2009

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reg, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Nice.

LA CHARGERS here we come.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    still think it'll be jacksonville

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Two teams? Are they stealing another team from...Minnesota by any chance? They seem to like purple and yellow. I wouldn't mind sharing a stadium with the LA Vikings.
    I am also going to say that I belive without a doubt that the team he's mentioning is the Chargers. This CV deal is probably going down the tubes so they called Roski and that's what he's talking about. He's picking up momentum so that this offseason the Chargers can pack up.
    I have no problems sharing a stadium with the LA Jaguars either.

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    what about the stadium proposal at the port near PetCo? last I heard of it it had some legs [and imo would be the best place for the stadium].

I just don't see what's in it for the Spanos' to go to LA or what's in it for Roski. Unless Roski gets some sort of ownership of the team who goes to his stadium there's not much $$$ in it for him and the Spanos' aren't likely to give up any ownership from what I've heard/read.

I'm putting my money on the Jags. It would break my heart if the Bolts moved to LA :(

5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,726
    I will still root for the Chargers in L.A.

But god damnit it sucks.

6. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Please be the Saints or Vikings! preferably Chargers!

7. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    I like it...

[​IMG]

8. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31

So, LA doesn't have a team for long enough and now they want two!!
    Greedy b#####ds.

9. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Don't discount the Rams or the Saints.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    After Gustav's near miss, the Saints are looking to get the hell out. But they'd be the logical choice for San Antonio, no? :icon_huh:

Why the Rams? Get back to their roots?

As a kid I was a Rams fan. :icon_eek:

11. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Change the Saints name to the Blowhards and have them move to LA. Perfect.

Georgia Frontiere's heirs might be willing to sell the Rams to Roski. Roski won't do the deal without an ownership interest. There are a lot of rumors swirling.

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194
    Let change to L.A. who wants to, please not San Diego Chargers

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ya know, cran - you're much more of a long-distance fan than most folks. :tup: Your trip for your 50th b'day is a great story - I'm doing it for my 51st!! :abq1:

I share the hope of most fans that the Chargers stay in San Diego. :yes:

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    LA won't get 2 teams until they can show they can support 1.

15. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    San Antonio probably won't get a team. At least not now, and not an existing team. The market in Texas isn't really sutiable for a third team. Texas has a lot of support for college and HS teams. The Cowboys take further from the market. Then you have the Texans who generate much of their revenue from corporate sponsors and events and less from fans. Even though they had a newer stadium revenues, in relation to other teams, have been sliding as other teams built new stadiums.

San Antonio while large, 7th largest, isn't the 7th largest market by a long shot. They don't have the fans nor the media presence to compare to other top markets.

LA might get two teams, although I doubt it. Pasadena still hasn't approved the use of their stadium for a NFL team and has said in the past that they don't want one using their stadium.

Spanos would have to give up a large share, which he said he would never do, in order to move. Furthermore they have stated that their working with San Diego first. Now if in a year or two time nothing goes forth than they might consider it.

However, there are more than a couple of other potential teams.

Jags won't stay in Jacksonville for much longer. They have a remodeled stadium that is too large for one of the smallest markets in the NFL. Buffalo Bills are trying to move to Toronto, but it that doesn't go through they are a possible choice. Oakland Raiders are near the bottom of revenue, they could move.

Chargers will move only if they can't get a deal done. Its up to fans to push our government to get one done fast.

16. Oakland Charger

Oakland Charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Look lets be honest. LA is a Raider town. You think they would be able to fill a stadium with the Chargers? All you will get are gang bang Raider fans just going to start crap. Every time they play the Raiders it would be even worse than the worse days in SD. I think if the CV thing does not work out the Port idea is still a chance. Who even knows what this guy is saying is even fact. People can say anything right now but don't you think if a team is going to play just next year that there would be more talk of a team that would certainly move? Can anyone really imagine an NFL team in LA next year? Fat chance

17. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Let's just keep our eyes on this and let the chips fall. Roski did this in Bball and wallah! The Staples Center became a reality. But then he did it again and bust! no NFL team expressed a desire to move. Plain and simple...look at his title: part owner of the Kings and Lakers....the guy wants ownership deals. He's looking for teams desperate enough to give him a chance to handle the revenue. That doesn't fit Spanos and the Chargers now but it certainly could in the future.

18. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    living up here in LA I have to agree w/ alot of what you say. But there are more Chargers fans up here than people suspect abd more every year

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Bottom line: A new stadium in San Diego isn't gonna happen. Period. Give up the dream.

20. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    If the Chargers were to hoist the Lombardi and leave, San Diego and all of So Cal would be scared and labeled for many many years to come.

22. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Exactly, SD needs this Lombardi more than anything...though with the corruption and outright stupidity in SD politics, I still see them giving the franchise a middle finger.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

You love negativity. Don't you?!!!

24. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Still holding out hope for Orange County... lesser of many evils.

25. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Hell yeah! That would solve a LOT of issues! And fulfill a lifelong dream.:yes:

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I've read some very cogent analysis that militates against any NFL team moving to a stadium they don't have substantial ownership in and concommitently showing that there is no way a stadium is economically feasible without a very substantial ownership share of a team. The economic realities of what is apparently a recession, with a parallel credit crunch make new stadiums very problematic, particularly for a loner like Roski. He'll have to buy a team and the Chargers ain't on the market. Anybody want to take odds Roski winds up with the Raiduhs when Davis begins moldering-at least more than he already is?