1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No extension talks for Darren Sproles yet

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 1, 2010 11:59 AM ET

The Chargers backfield remains in flux.

The team decided at the last minute to retain Darren Sproles, and A.J. Smith has said the free agent crop of runners doesn't interest him. That means San Diego needs a running back or two in the draft.

Sproles' future with the team remains uncertain. Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that the Chargers would like to keep Sproles, but the team hasn't talked to him about a long-term deal lately. A trade remains possible.

We have yet to hear much chatter about teams possibly interested in dealing for Sproles since the Chargers kept him. The same goes for Shawne Merriman, who Acee believes is available "at the right price."

Perhaps trade talks will pick up closer to the draft, but there's little to think Sproles and Merriman will be playing anywhere but San Diego in 2010.

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Unless he has realistic expectations, unlike last year, then there is no way he will get signed long term and should be traded. Last year his agent was on the radio and was very clear that they wanted Micheal Turner type money. Sproles deserves only half of that.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Yeah, I'm with you. Don't get me wrong I love Sprolesy but far too much dosh for a scatback, far far too much.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I just don't want him added to the list of valued players we held onto too long rather than trading them when we have a chance and getting something for them