1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No gamble when 21 hits

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Full Article

By Jay Posner
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    November 27, 2006

On his worst statistical day as a starting quarterback in the NFL, Philip Rivers had one thing right.

“Shoot,” Rivers said to himself, “if I'm not throwing it good, let him throw it.”

“Him,” of course, is LaDainian Tomlinson, who once again bailed out the Chargers offense yesterday with his remarkable versatility.

Held in check for most of the afternoon, Tomlinson broke free in the fourth quarter with the most important pass of the day and the most important run, all in a span of about three minutes. The two plays led to 14 points as the Chargers survived an off day by Rivers to beat Oakland 21-14 at Qualcomm Stadium.

“It's the sign of a great team when you can have a guy that touches the ball every play not play very good, and still win,” Rivers said, speaking of himself. “Obviously LT has a lot to do with that.”

2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    LT is a marvel...it just seems like there is nothing he can't do...he comes through again and again and again. Thanks for the articles neighbor...I like to read them. I also hope Rivers does not have too many more "off days."

• Like Like x 1
  3. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Rivers has total class...he is a team player...and very humble.

Hey maybe you should have filled in for Merriman. :icon_eek:

• Like Like x 2
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    dont think we should do that just now but after one more year i'd want to lock him and merriman both until they reach the age of 38

5. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    that's what River's can do if he's not playing as he usually does