1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

No matter what happens today...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lightning_Dynasty, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    I, for the first time in what seems way too long, am happy to be a Chargers fan.

Halfway through last season I finally became disenchanted with the Bolts. Not just the AJ/Norv regime, but the players too. Despite what I kept telling everyone else, I had my secret beliefs that perhaps River was done, or that Mathews, whom I've believed in since Day 1, was never going to blossom. Even with the off-season changes I couldn't quite compel myself to place my faith back in the Chargers.

Coming into this season my belief in this team was miserable, and a couple of games this season really didn't help that. Still, through all that, I never stopped repping my Blue and Gold. Because, no matter what I still wanted to believe. I was fully prepared for disappointment this season, especially after that loss to Houston in week one, yet now that we're on the other side of the season, that has never onc been the case.

Looking back as we head into this tumultuous week 17, I don't find myself angry at the games the Bolts lost and the mistakes they made. I'm not looking at the shoulda, coulda, wouldas. I am just excited for the future. I knew going in this would be a rebuilding year, and perhaps it's because my faith was so low that I'm not bothered by any of the bad. I just see a revived Rivers, a blossoming Mathews, and an amazingly talented Allen all contributing to what is looking like it might be the most potent offense the Chargers have seen since even well before my time. I see a young defensive unit that is finally starting to click and roll, so much so that even Larry English has quietly had a decent season, having his best year (not saying much, I know) since 2009. Who would of thought that would be happening?!

It's hard being a Charger fan stuck here, smack dab in the heart of Cowboy Country, knowing only one other Charger fan, with whom I am still not even able to watch games, and with my whole family, being the Marylanders we are, pulling for either the Skins or the Crows, it can get kind of lonely.

I know I don't post here that regularly, and I'm pretty much never able to catch one of the live shows, but you guys have kept me sane and from completely losing faith.

So, yeah... No matter if the Chargers manage to squeak into playoffs or not today, I'm happy about this season and more excited than ever for the future.

And with that said, GO BOLTS! Kick some Chief ***!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Dominion Bolt

Dominion Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +104
    Good post, and like you I am please with the direction of this team, and optimistic about its future. The Peyton train has a year or two max, the Chiefs will have a real schedule next year, and Oakland well, enough said there.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Well said

It's clear the Chargers are headed in the right direction and I think the last time I felt that was maybe 2009/2010. We have a good head coach, a real good GM, some great young pieces especially after a fantastic draft, and with a lot more cap space the team can do even better. As Dominion noted let's see what happens when we all face the NFC West including the Chiefs and their ridiculous record, and Peyton doesn't have long left before it's rebuilding time in Denver. The team should be ready for another run when these two teams fade and when that happens the team should once again be loaded for bear. I'm ready for either a very unexpected playoff run or going into the off-season with a lot more cheerfulness than last year.

4. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +316
    IMO this 8/8 or 9/7 season > most Norv seasons where the standings were basically padded by 6 gimmies (Donkholes, Chefs, and :poop:s) b/c AFCW sucked so bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Melodramatic moaning. This team has had a very good record over the last decade with only one losing season. Even though I am happy you are feeling good again I wasn`t exactly feeling your pain.

6. BoltsNHoes

BoltsNHoes I gotta have me my....

Ratings:
    +71
    I can relate to this completely.

I'll go as far as to say that when I heard Mike McCoy's first interview as the coach, I had a feeling improvement was coming. HE just sounded like a real coach as opposed to Norv who just never impressed me and I had a hard time taking serious as a leader. The teams plays with an energy I haven't seen in a long time in our colors. This is a scrappy team that can beat anybody. I have a feeling that if the door to the postseason opens up, this team will not only step inside, but will run through the building with 2 guns up.

7. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    And when we were leading the Texans, everybody KNEW improvement was coming... until, wait... WE LOST. Only one other team has managed to do that this year, but not as dramtically as the Chargers.

We have a playoff shot because a lot of other teams are bad too. Nothing more, nothing less. If we miss the playoffs I am going to be miserable for awhile, but then I will get over it.

8. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Except as I have already pointed out, we lost to other teams that sucked badly. Pin an anti-Norv spin on that.

9. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    can everyone responding to this thread remember it the next time someone gets mad that a Chargers fan isn't instead posting on a Browns forum?

10. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +578
    Can we get a Norval SUCKS emoticon please? I wish to use it on every occasion I read the butthurtnorvfanboys!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    Funny is that the large angry mob who hated the Norv years are always saying the very few who defend Norv are a large contingency of butthurt fanboys

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +578
    I start my own: Norval (still) SUCKS!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Large contingency? I'd say its maybe 5 of our least football savvy, and least stable fans. People who think the game is played on paper, that players don't need to continue to learn anything else after the day they are drafted, and whichever team has the bigger names always wins.

The bigger problem is how quickly these people lose their temper, and start responding with witty insults and 'ad hominem' rather than factually based arguments.

It makes for week long arguments that get us nowhere.

14. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Not me, I expected to miss the playoffs. I'm happy we're near .500 given that our roster is in rebuilding stage.

15. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    lol no doubt. We lost the gimmes this year, so we're better :eek::confused:

16. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    riiiight

• Agree Agree x 1