1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No mention of Merriman thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Dublin Bolt, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Gettin kinda tired of all the will he won't he stuff about Merriman so here's a question;

Anyone see what the Panther running backs did to the Redskins last nite?. Jeeeeez. If I'm Matt Wilhelm I better start to tackle somebody.

Jonathan Stewart looks to be 100% after his injury scare at draft time.

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I was more interested in watching the Jags - looks like their starting offense is starting to put it together again. Still a bunch of silly mistakes, but man they were EATING the Bucks D with quick slant passes. Seeing that is a bit of a "heads up".

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    His name is in the title.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Carolina is a good test initially to see how our run defense will hold up - especially without steve smith the Panthers want to get into a ground pounding offense which is why they drafted Stewart and Jeff Otah. They've got a massive OL but Jordan Gross isn't a true left tackle and otah's pretty raw

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    I always love it when a current news item leads to a bunch of threads on the same topic and somebody inevitablly posts the "Don't mention (insert big news item/player here) thread!" or something to that effect.

You're mentioning it in the thread title. All you've managed to do is create another thread on the subject. :lol:

6. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Matt Leinart looks horrible. Yet the Raiders offense looks so inept you might think they'd long to have Leinart.

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    So u don't have an opinion on our run D against the Panthers in game 1?. :tup:

8. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I hate preseason.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Those two backs and that HUGE line will be formidable......Jamal better be his dominating self, along with Castillo and Igor. We have two thumpers in Waters and Dobbins. People forget Jamal was just back from injury, Castillo went out in the second half.....THEN "all day" Adrian Peterson broke the NFL record.......it was impressive, but we will be ready, even without #56 (oops, I mentioned his number!)

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Sporting News magazine made a good point about that game - subtracting that one aberration from our record, we held teams to an average of 89 yds rushing per game. We can't ignore it but it shouldn't be the end all/be all of our run defense.

11. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Merriman !!!

Merriman !!!

Merriman !!!

[​IMG] Thats how I roll [​IMG]

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Oh, is that what the thread is about?

It may have helped had the title been "What's your opinion on the Chargers' rush D against the Panthers in week 1?" :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I saw the highlights and I do think it's the talent of Carolina and not the lack of tackles on the Redskins' part. But, we are not the Redskins and it won't be preseason and it will be at the Q. We will dominate Kitna and when they go to the run the Kitties will learn how the bolts adjust and then dominate the run. The sunburnt Indians didn't even pressure Kitna and then the pass became a serious threat, opening better opportunities for the run. Speaking of highlights from preseason, Good God the AFC West sucks!

14. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Not gunna try to mention merriman in this thread..uh atleast I tried.

15. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Eh... that was the point. Every other thread seemed to be about our esteemed OLB outta Maryland. Thus the title of the thread. Just wanted somebody to talk to about football and our week 1 opponent. If u wanna act the **** then 'nothing more to see here, move along'. :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    I got the point.

I'm just saying you're completely defeating your intended purpose by putting his name in the title and opening yourself up to responses such as my own. :icon_shrug:

17. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Kitna? he's on the other Kitties team, the Lions. You mean Delhomme.

18. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    whoops, they kinda look the same, the teams that is.