1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No news is good news...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Aug 16, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    The below information from KFFL is partly posted for it's content, but more for pointing out that "No News is Good News".

The Chargers are the Chargers, and there has not been a ton of news on our team. Some bumbs and bruises here and there and some precautionary actions, but all in all, the only news making subject thus far has been E Parker. I for one hope that's the last big news to come out of Chargers Park.

Around the NFL, most teams have much more info to report...Good for us and bad for them.

On Parker...Some look at this as not that big of a deal...Me, I can only say, "I hope it's not a big deal".

Here is the KFFL news...The only concern I have is the Jamal injury...

Chargers | Weddle practices Tuesday (VERY GOOD NEWS)
    Wed, 15 Aug 2007 07:36:41 -0700

Simon Samano, of the North County Times, reports San Diego Chargers FS Eric Weddle (ankle) practiced Tuesday, Aug. 14.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chargers | Tucker to practice Wednesday (WHOS TUCKER?)
    Wed, 15 Aug 2007 07:34:16 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers DL Jyles Tucker (concussion) will return to practice Wednesday, Aug. 15.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chargers | Wilhelm will not play next preseason game (SOME CONCERN)
    Wed, 15 Aug 2007 07:32:34 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers LB Matt Wilhelm (calf) will not play in the team's next preseason game.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chargers | Williams doubtful for next preseason game (CONCERN)
    Wed, 15 Aug 2007 07:22:51 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers DL Jamal Williams (foot) is unlikely to play in the team's next preseason game.

On Jamal, USA Reported on 8/13/2007 that Chargers DT Jamal Williams has sprained foot, and is day to day. Williams underwent an MRI exam on Monday, which verified the injury is not serious.

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS, because during this time of the season, the only **** you hear is BAD ****.

TBF

2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I believe Tucker is an old, old wooden ship.

3. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Great news on Weddle!
    Cant wait to see him out there again. Im really starting to believe he is the final piece on this defense!

Really depressed about Wilhelm, really want to see him out there and see how he handles the starters job. Personally i think he will be an UPGRADE this year if this isnt a lingering problem

As for Jamal, im happy to hear he likely wont play. We all know what he can do, no need to risk him getting seriously hurt

4. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    What's up with Wilhelm's injury......sounds more serious than I originally suspected. Unless they just want to keep him off of that indoor turf.

They better not allow pooh bear to play even one down......I'll snap.

5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I hope he will be an upgrade, don't know if he will. I really think we will miss Donnie in pass coverage. We are going to miss Donnie a ton if Wilhelm doesn't get more reps, which is why I am concerned with his injury.

TBF

6. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Let the scrubs and practice fodder get their time in...let the starters rest.

Oldie Out

7. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    Wow, looks like Jackson, Davis and Floyd are goign to make a full week injury free!:icon_toast: