1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No respect from.....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EsDee_in_RI, Apr 8, 2008.

1. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    The spawn toy company...they are the creators of the awesome Mcfarlane figures. They came out with a Donkey and a Gayders team set before a Chargers set......Seriously?!?!?!? They suck, do they not watch football or payed attention the last few years? They also already have a Jamarcus Russell figure in all his fat *** glory, before a Merriman, a Cro or a PR. WHY, please someone tell me why?!!!:icon_wtf:

• Like Like x 1
  2. zatoichi

zatoichi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    You shouldn't let this stuff bother you. McFarlane is a comic book guy and fan boy. Besides, he sells dolls for boys. What does he know about football?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I agree. Don't let this kind of **** bother you.

EMBRACE THE HATE

4. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    The guy knows that there is a fan base to be tapped.

We can't get upset when the world isn't all Chargers all the time.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Also, isn't McFarlane a Pats fan?

6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I figure the Raiders fans are more likely to play with dolls anyhow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    There is a Rumor that the guys that make Mcfarlane Figures Don't like the Chargers.

8. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Which is why they made a figure of Lt sitting on a bench.

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Yes he is. Thus the hate.

We are going to pound the Pats asses next year. :yes:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Because Raiders colors sell.
    Remember the days when Raider fans used to out number Chargers fans at the Q? Most of those so-called fans couldn't name three players on their team!!! They weren't really football fans. They just liked the gang mentality. When you see a gangsta rap video... what are they wearing?
    So you have two different customers... Raiders die hards and those other so-called fans who probably don't even realize that the Raiders have been losing for the last five seasons.
    The ONLY color Mcfarlane sees is green!!!!

As for the Donkos, it simply comes down to this...
    WE NEED TO WIN A SUPER BOWL!!!! :bolt:

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    + he hates the Chargers B4L.

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If he's a Patsies fan, he should. Cause we're a major threat!!!

Though when it comes to business, you have to put that aside and look at what will sell.
    LT is popular but do his jerseys sell as good as Moss? His jersey was the #1 seller last season. In 2006, it was Owens. Chargers stuff sells great in San Diego but how well does it sell nationally (as opposed to Raiders, Patriots, Cowboys, etc.?)

We win a Super Bowl then we will get that national respect!!

13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yeah, I was agreeing with you.

And I don't think winning the Super Bowl will earn us much respect. Those that hate us will still hate us. Not that I care what the rest of the football world cares about...All that matter to me is the Chargers and us fans. Fuk the rest.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I completely agree with you there but I think winning a Super Bowl will earn us a lot of respect.

You don't see much hype about the Gnats because most fans (besides Gnats fans) don't like Eli. If the Packers went to the Super Bowl and beat the Patsies, the hype would be as fresh now as it was in February!!! Farv jerseys would be off the shelf!!!

Chargers win a Super Bowl, LT will have the biggest selling jersey!!! BANK ON IT!!!
    Merriman and Rivers will be up there too but their sales will be a little tainted (due to steroids and mouthing off.)

15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    LT already has one of the top selling jerseys.

Eventually, with enough time, enough wins, enough championshipS, I could see the Chargers having a large following like Oakland or Dallas. But until we win a few, I don't see it, not that it's a bad thing. Just remember, 10 years ago the Pats were nobodies, now look @ 'em.

I just wish some people could get over this inferiority complex. So what if the national media doens't give us enough love? They're all idiots anyways.

16. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Monday, 11 Feb 2008
    NFL's Best Selling Jerseys--1 Through 20

Best Selling NFL Jerseys from April 1-Feb. 8

Since I started covering the business of sports a decade ago, jersey lists have always been one of the most popular talking points. So check out below, the Top 20 Best Selling NFL Jerseys from April 1-Feb. 8, on NFLShop.com.

1. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys--Not a surprise given the size of the Cowboys faithful.

2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots--Every New England fan HAS to have a Brady jersey.

3. Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers--Amazing Favre is so high given that the Packers jersey has never changed.

4. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts--Probably most boring/generic jersey in the NFL.

5. LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego Chargers--Good running backs are always in top 10

6. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings--With Moss and Culpepper gone, Peterson fills the purple gap.

7. Eli Manning, New York Giants--With the Super Bowl win, this should climb in the off season.

8. Randy Moss, New England Patriots--Ten years ago, Moss became the only rookie to have the league's most popular jersey.

9. Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears--The embodiment of the nation's second largest market.

10. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers--See Urlacher. This guy is the ultimate blue collar player for a blue collar place.

11. Devin Hester, Chicago Bears--This might be the most amazing guy on this list considering he only has 20 receptions in two years. I feel pretty confident in saying I never thought a kick returner would get this high.

12. Marion Barber, Dallas Cowboys--Winning again means Cowboys fans will spread the love around.

13. Reggie Bush, New Orleans Saints--This is a huge drop for Bush. He was No. 2 last year.

14. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers--Best value for the letters.

15. Terrell Owens, Dallas Cowboys--Interesting how much Cowboys fans prefer the Romo part of the connection over Owens.

16. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys--At No. 82, he's the highest number on the list.

17. Brady Quinn, Cleveland Browns--Pretty good for a guy who was on the field for a couple plays this season.

18. Sean Taylor, Washington Redskins--A spot on this list is an unbelievable tribute to the late Taylor.

19. Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia Eagles--With Donovan McNabb out of favor, Philly represents through Westbrook.

20. Bob Sanders, Indianapolis Colts- Joins Urlacher, Polamalu and Taylor as the only defensive players in the Top 20.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly what I was thinking!!!
    If we're going to get that kind of following, we need to start with a Super Bowl victory this season!!!

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Thanks for the correction. My point was that the Chargers as a team don't sell like the Raiders, Patriots, Cowboys, etc but we could get there!!!

19. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    The turds are not in the top 20 :lol: unless you count the JaMarcus Russell car cover.

The above sales numbers are for feb-april '08. Other sales charts have LT's jersey number one during the season or maybe it was preseason. :icon_shrug:
    I'm too lazy to look it up now.

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I'm sure their sales have reduced for obvious reasons but even when they suck, their colors sell. Simply because people who are not football fans like their colors.

Even when they suck, they still fill their stadium.

21. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    Dude, they didn't even sell out thier AFCCG vs. the Titans back in '02. The turd games are blacked out up all the time, that's part of the reason I attend the Chargers game @ Oakland. Another good reason to attend is that it is excellent grounds for mullet spotting. Last year I spotted a rare silverback mullet. I have even seen a nearly extinct frolet. The plumage is everywhere.
    Of course I take all the Chargers stuff off of my truck before going to that shithole.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Well yeah. They haven't sold out for various reasons but they fill it. When you see a game at the Coliseum on TV, it's filled with Bleak & Shiver (or at least it appears to be.)

Still, their fan base is HUGE!!!
    Though like I said "not all of their fan base is football fans."

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Sounds like clever and deceptive camera work.

24. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I understand that it's all about sales aspect of this...but I feel that these figures should want to capture the best of the best at the time. I have all the LT figures cause they will be worth money one day and I can give them to my kids when LT goes to the hall. But who's going to remember the 2005 - 2007 loser raiders? I guess this is the reason the NFL decided to split all profits between the teams.