1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No running game, no defence......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Cyanide Mint, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Our defence is horrible. Pittsburg's offence at times were laughing at us during the game. So many times our players were turned inside out, Ben had so, so, so much time in the pocket....especially during critical 3rd downs.

But......

Is our running game even worse? Tomlinson 15 yards? Man oh man, we are going nowhere this year playing like this. Let's say we do win our division, who cares? Do you think in a play off game we could take out Pittsburg? Winning our division this year with this team would be like being king turd of turd hill.

Very worried.........That game killed my buzz I was working on alll Sunday......

2. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    What makes you so sure that the Chargers will the division?

3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I still think the chargers will win the division....And I think that Denver is a quite a bit overachieving at this point. You really don't think that Kyle Orton is going to lead them past us do you? There defense has come out of nowhere to all the sudden be good. The will fall flat on their faces before they lock up of the division.

You have to look at who Denver has played so far this year. They have played an overrated Bengals team, Cleveland, Oakland, and a Dallas team that isn't that good, and played them at home. They will get tested and so will that defense when they have to play SD in 2 weeks.

The running game is hard to get established when you are playing on the road in a hostile environment and you are down 14-0 in a matter of minutes. I mean 15 yards, ya I get it but we only ran the ball 8 times in the whole entire game.

Pittsburgh held the balll 3 to 1 TOP and we had I think half of the plays ran than they did. In any case 21-0 going into the second half isn't gonna garner you any carries on the ground.

4. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    True, true..... Being down so badly so quickly does take the running game out... but still..... I don't think we can win with our passing game only. God forbid, what if Rivers gets injured?

I also agree that it's a possibility we won't win the division, but i think we will with some sloppy record like last years 8-8. I totally think we are in the weakest division in the NFL and if we make the playoffs we will be out again quickly.

Not good enough for me, probably good enough for Norv though.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    The Bolts are a .500 team at best.

Get used to it.

:tdown:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    We're not running the ball effectively because we can't open any holes.
    While this team might be good at pass blocking they're positively pathetic at run blocking. Hence no run game.

pittsburgh, running game deserves an INC, how can you run when your behind by four TDs