1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No studs or duds after this game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Oct 19, 2014.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    Pathetic all the way around.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    I can live with our shortcomings on offense, specifically in the passing game because Philip makes up for a lot of it, but defensively it was a **** show. I said our real tests were against KC and Denver and we couldn't even ******* stop Alex Smith. Good ol Pagano and his no coaching ***. It took for us to get torched in the preseason for him to build up aggression and toughness in our defense, for one game. Then we feast on weak *** QBs and as soon as we go against some competent competition we can't get off the field for anything. Highly disappointed in Donald Butler. Weddle can't be everywhere like last year. We got backup defensive linemen playing (Excluding Luiget). The injuries hurt but if we had a good DC the people we replace them with would have some sort of idea of how to play. Lol watch we turn around and beat the Broncos on thursday though

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +133
    Studs - Brandon Oliver would have had another 100 yard game if he'd had the carries.

Duds - Pagano
    -Reich
    - entire defense.
    - Eddie Royal

4. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Should edit the title to just say no studs, unless you meant everyone was so horrific they're worse than duds. Atrocious. I can live with losing but I'm just upset and frustrated after this one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Just duds all around except for Novak. At least he came prepared

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Studs - Chefs

Duds - Bolts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Studs: Oliver and Novack
    Duds: Pagano, Marshall, and McCoy for letting such a piss poor DC continue to get a paycheck. Speaking of paychecks, Every missed tackle should be fined $1,000.00 which is refunded to the season ticket holders!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    What happened, most of the polls had us winning

9. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    our defense s.h.i.t itself, they couldn't stop Alex smith, and they held the ball for over 34 minutes, like I said it was a pathetic showing, I've seen better play on defense by highschool players, I'm beyond frustrated. There's zero excuse. Even with injuries you have to win . Next man up, but no one showed up. If I was the coach they're run 100wid sprints for every missed tackle, and 200 laps around the field for every point we lost by

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Andy Reids win/loss record WAS 13 and 2 after a bye week having lost the last 2 years in a row.Maybe McCoy was out coached today.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Can I give a very special dud award to Richard Marshall?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Only 2 Studs.
    Oliver and Novak.

Duds for the rest, especially line play on both sides
    and extra especially pathetic linebacking corps.

Play like this on Thursday and be embarrassed nationally.

13. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Richard Marshall played like a total turd out there. If he wasn't getting completely beaten he was taking a PI penalty and giving them a first down after they we stopped them and they were going to have to punt. This clown has no business on an NFL football field. Alex Smith undressed him and made him look like a fool. Alex fricking Smith!!!! I don't even want to think about what Peyton will do to him on Thursday?

If there was f*ck up out there in the 3rd and 4th quarter invariably #31 was involved. Once again ab total and complete turd. He should be returning his paycheck to Spanos because he played so terribly bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    It was a like a car at a demolition derby, still running, but really banged up good. Question is, how long can the car hang in there?

15. VenomSyndrome

VenomSyndrome Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I put 85% of the blame on the offense! Could not sustain a drive to save its life. Rivers was off today and the receivers dropped way to many balls. Horrible on 3rd down and when they did score it was to fast. Defense was lousy but they only gave up 23 points. If the offense moved the ball like they did vs Seattle thing might have been different.

16. Boltz_from_Oz

Boltz_from_Oz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +143
    Couldn't stop the run (or YACs). End of. All our ill's stem from that.
    Some tackling would be nice to see.
    The bye can't come quick enough. We're coughing and spluttering towards it.
    Poor 3 and outs on offense didnt do our defense any favours either.

And what has Ladarius Green done to annoy someone in the Chargers camp? Either McCoy, Rivers or Reich don't like him for some reason. Please, can some Chargers insider let me know whats going on with this guy. Its driving me insane.....slowly....like Chinese water torture.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  17. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    This game was coming... we've not been setting the world on fire esp on D these last few weeks against scrubs. A decent 'game-manager' QB made our D (albeit banged up) look terrible. And the good ol non-tackling reared its ugly head again. So much for Pags.... I can't imagine guys like Rex would put up with the likes of some of these softish non tackling defenders.

Reyes, Butler, Marshall... I'm looking at you.

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    This was the game the Chargers had coming to some extent. Two weeks in a row taking the best shot of their AFC West opponents, and finally the Chargers had a bad game offensively and somewhat cracked with their roster. This team has been doing very impressively given the number of injuries but they might finally be catching up to them, along with exhaustion. Still the OL won barely any of their matchups, the defense looked like it had no idea what it was doing and Rivers was horribly off all game.

19. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    I put a lot of blame on offense too. We regressed from a ball control move the chains offense to a finesse offense. Rivers was off mentally and physically. I think Reich misplaced his play book and grabbed one of Norv's old ones on the way out of the tunnel. Too many "send #43 between the tackles" on first down and too many "throw the ball 17 yards downfield on third and four."
    Pi55 poor decision making, squandered opportunities, and bonehead plays cost us a victory.

20. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Jeez which player is PI55 this is too confusing

21. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,419
    Really? We're just going to be cynical after our team falls to 5-2 in a close loss to a division rival?

This is why I hardly come around here after losses.

22. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    There are those extremes. The excessive cheer leading after wins can be a bit tacky too.

23. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    How dare you...none of the 3 most recent conquests have been dropped from the Premier League!!

Conquests!.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    I don't disagree, but this is the negative extreme.

If we can find duds after a win why can't we find studs after a loss?

A "no studs" overtly cynical mass response is what I'd expect if we lost like the Bengals did, not after a 23--20 loss that went down to the wire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Speakez1619

Speakez1619 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    85% really? The defense could not get off the field and missed so many tackles and gave kc so many first downs on 3rd n 10-15 the offense could get into no rythm with such linited time

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    At least be fair and highlight Seattle and Buffalo too.

Seattle's looking weaker, though, to be fair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    I said that because there wasn't really a stud, everyone played terrible, I can honestly say Ida felt the same way if we would have win by 1 point yesterday,

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    They scored 20 points. Obviously some people played well enough to accomplish that.

By the vibe on these forums you'd think we lost 49-3 and were officially eliminated from playoff contention.

29. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    Just the n00bs blowing off an extra dose of testosterone that otherwise gets clogged in the system. :D

30. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Defense played like crap 2 weeks in a row. We got somewhat lucky last week on the road against the Raiders. But a good number of mistakes yesterday where pure mental/execution mistakes. I totally agree with people on this forum calling out the defense in a game we should of won. And I hate using injuries as an excuse...