1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NoMoreNate, NoMoreNorv!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Jan 17, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    WTF!@!!@RJQD:LASJF:LDJFDF:JDEFK:LDS I am not gonna be ok for a while. How could this happen again. WHy are we cursed>>>???!?!?!?! WHy why why why why why why? Why did we get 11 penalties? WHy did we have to get pwned?

I say goodbye norv. No more rush lt on 1st and second down for no gaind with only a 7 point lead. We fired marty to get a coach who wouldn't rely on and then squander a 7 point lead in crunch time and calll terrible plays.!!! NO MORE NORE... GOODBYE KAEDING 2... I say we need 2 kickers and automatically bench nate during the playoffs!

2. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    This team was not prepared for this game.

3. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    THis team was not prepared for norv. Can we plz change my name back now? I was totally right all along see.... I just had a little more foresight than the stupid norv fad!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    As much as I want to blame Norv and watch his *** bounce out the door, I can't. The team was definitely ready and putting faith in Kaeding in a close game where 3 points means the game is completely understandable, and hell, expected. I'd actually be upset if Norv did anything but run a conservative game against the JETS. Though I must admit, I still want to see Turner take the fall.

5. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    How can you say that!?! The defense stopped the Jets handily in the beginning and did a damn good job throughout, performed at or even above expectations. The offense was actually very good, picked up the blitz with the best of them, and executed very precise and well-planned drives. We did underestimate the Jets' defense though and that really is unfortunate.

As far as penalities, it happena to everyone and it was indeed a very heated and rough game. It was a very well officiated game. The Chargers, specifically Philips and a guy who've I've taken heat for calling immature and "an A-hole" - Vincent Jackson, did have some stupid penalties.

Goat of the game is Kaeding. It's 40 yards, perfect conditions, and the Playoffs. I'll agree that HE wasn't prepared. But I say the Chargers were.

6. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    WE hired him bc marty lost to the jets and pats by doing this. Now look at what norv has done. Lost to the jets and pats by coaching a terrible game. Its the playoffs man... you cant throw away 2 downs for 0-2 yards running it and expect to make 3rd and 8 or 10 or 15 everytime...

7. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    How come we can't? We have this TE, see #85, and this sure handed dude who outmatched just about everyone in white named Malcolm Floyd. Not to mention, this dude named Philip Rivers who is deadly accurate because he's incredibly protective, only putting the ball where his players can get it. Trusting Rivers, Gates, Jackson, and Floyd on 3rd down even if you're not having very much luck on third down (against the best third down defense in the league) is also understandable. Norv won't ditch the run and just like the Jets, commitment to that was key for an efficient offense. I don't blame Norv, basically, but I never blamed Marty either. You win some, you lose some Playoff games I guess...It sucks, but it's the game.

8. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    But he was throwing away downs!! The longest run was by sproles when jets were in prevent. Other than that it had to be liike 5 yards tops. They no we are gonna run on 1st and sellout and we get 1 down. I call that throwing a play away.

9. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

Do you realize how often we were throwing the ball in the second half? Virtually every down.

10. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    every down that we didn't throw away so basically we had 2nd and 3rd down to throw, 1st to lose yardage. Its a given late in the 4th quarter after the TD run obviously. We neeeded to open up the game when we were 3 and outing the jets but we played too conservative and lost another playoff game because of it!!

11. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Even in the third quarter we were throwing the ball the majority of the time. The ball was in the hands of our all pro QB and the wideouts. They couldn't get it done today.

12. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    no nate couldn't. If it wasn't for that fluke revis pick too. Jets are sooooo ****ing lucky it really isn't funny!

13. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    How can you be on that field with a FULL HOUSE, look up into the stands and not say "We're gunna win this game for the fans, for this city, and for this team." ?? This loss tore my heart out.

Norv's play calling was questionable, but it's what we have been doing all season. However, we just weren't rolling like we usually do. **** Kaeding. Nate Choking is what we should call that ****er.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    We beat ourselves and its on everyone top to bottom

15. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    NATE beat ourselves and its on NATE top to bottom

16. D-Funk

D-Funk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
  17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

THAT'S THE COACHES JOB!!!

18. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    It is not the coaches job...it is the coaches responsibility!

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Word it any way you please but he didn't do it and that's what he's suppose to do!

20. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Agree!

21. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Disagree! You can yell at Jackson three times every day for a week and still if he saw a challenge flag on HIS play, he'd kick it. I've always thought he had a tiny fuse and would pull a bonehead move like that. Same with Philips. Watch the Colts game from last year and you would see a player about to head-butt someone. Shaun doesn't like when people get away with beating him. He snapped and in a game like this, it was pretty damn near inevitable. I don't blame Norv Turner at all.

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    So if your house burns down to the ground, you blame the fire department because they weren't prepared. Least we forget, you're the one who fell asleep with the TV dinner on.

Spin away Will Robinson. Danger! Danger! :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Ughhhhhh.

Does the fire department train me personally about fire safety?
    Do they show up at my house hours before hand knowing there will be a fire?
    Do they get to watch film on the fire and know how exactly this one will burn?

Was that a serious question?

24. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The vast majority of intelligent people know that yes, firefighting and life saving is slightly more important than playing free safety.

Yes they will teach you fire safety, "learn not to burn" was a big fire safety campaign.

If you lived in a mansion, I'm sure you would have them come over and check it out. Otherwise, they've seen may fire's in apartment buildings and have trained in fighting them.

I'm sure when a recruit is in school they see many film's on the best techniques of fighting fires and human extraction during dangerous situations.

Fighting fire's and saving lives is a little more tricky than playing football and not just your average caveman can do it.

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

WOW... I thought you were trying to be funny. Now that I know you're serious, THIS IS THE STUPIDEST MOTHER ****ING COMPARISON I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!!!

Try that retarded logic with another poster.

26. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    It was the penalties, we kept putting ourselves in tough positions. I thought Rivers had good game given the holes we kept putting ourselves in. Gates struggled though, several drops. Even Rivers' 2nd interception that he's taking a lot of heat for - Gates should have know the blitz was coming and been ready for a quick throw.

27. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I do believe, you're the only poster in here with an IQ lower than whale ****.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

That's what I mean. Our offense was put in the position to do what it did all year long, and that was throw the ball. They couldn't get it done yesterday, and it sucks.