1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Non-Chargers; Bills trade LB Kiko Alonso to Philly for RB Lesean McCoy

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Mar 3, 2015.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'm on the side of the Eagles in this trade, assuming Alonso is healthy. RBs are not to hard to find, especially for that system. McCoy was due to make over $10M this year (massive for the RB position) and already has ton of touches (over 1700) on what is a pretty narrow frame.

I expect the Eagles after their recent releases of Cole, Williams, and now McCoy to have well over $50M in cap space. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they went after DeMarco Murray (who will not get McCoy money), or Revis, Suh, Hughes, or even Brandon Flowers. CJ Spiller seems like a perfect fit for them scheme-wise as well.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    They definitely need defense so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they made a run at flowers and Suh. Honestly the thing that I'm really assuming after this move is that Mariotta will be an Eagle if it means Kelly has to sell the farm and everything in it

4. Bonzi Jones

Bonzi Jones BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +84
    I agree with the trade... I think both teams benefit. Alonso is a young really good LB with promise. Chip Kelly runs a system and at this point where RBs are more expendable in whats becoming a RB by committee league (Minus the Chargers situation where we need both a RB and OL) losing that salary off your books gives you more flexibility to grow. The Bills in turn get one of the Best RBs in the league to replace CJ and help their offensive and QB situation.

5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    I'm just kind of bitter that Donald Butler's contract was more team-friendly that we could have tried to dangle him in front of Chip for McCoy. I mean... Butler played in the Pac-12 (well... Pac-10 back then)...

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Wow they really are devaluing the rb posistion. McCoy is top 3 back and got a burn trade.

7. san-man

san-man BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5