1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Ya snooze ...... Ya lose .......you should know that by now Prancer.

In all seriousness though .......... I do fully expect both those predictions to come true unfortunately, the Saints are one of those teams we always seem to have trouble matching up against .....

I can't say I'm confident in the least of coming outta Awlins with a "W"..........now prove me wrong Chargers, more than happy to eat some crow on this one.

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Hair ?????..........what hair ?????

Unless you mean the one's you missed during your last Manscape that is.

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Well that's OK mate..........we can just have that moved into the JNCP Reunion Fund ......... It won't go to waste, plus someone is gonna need to keep feeding Fred as well.

4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I'm with you. Brees has a sheetload of weapons. He put 28 on the Packers, probably safe to say the Chargers will have to put more than that on the board to win. Happy to eat crow too if the D shuts him down. Just don't think they're there yet.

5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Norv on Sproles
    Not sure that makes sense given that the Saints backs are a bit different than what we had the last couple years Sproles was here. Pay too much attention to Sproles and the Saints will beat you with someone else.

6. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426

I hope Pagano sends the house after Brees all game long! The best play caller (Payton) in this match up will be sitting in the stands! I hope Norv has a game plan to but some points on the board! With the Saints at home and 0-4 they will come out fired up...We need to but up some points early in this one! :helm1:

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Just one of those gut instinct feelings, nothing more, but unfortunately they seem to be more right than wrong when it comes to the Chargers.

I agree, think we still fall short of the mark in too many area's to be a serious contender again this year ......my main concern strangely enough is all of peeps .......Rivers.
    He just doesn't look the same guy to me, as he did back in '10, I was truely thinking his form last year was an anomoly, but after watching him closely for the first month this year, I may have to seriously rethink that notion.

His decision making is a geniune concern and the happy feet are back again, which is never good.

The thing that really stands out to me though is how much his lack of mobility is now a real concern, whereas in the past his smarts got him through, but now he seems to be pressing more than at any other time in his career, once upon a time he'd just throw OB, now he's attempting the improbable completion.

Im hoping he can get "IT" back very soon.......or else it could be another very long, disappointing end result..........again !

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I'm far more concerned about Graham than Mighty mouse to be honest......sure, give him space on the swing passes and there's every chance he will burn your arse, just gotta hope the LB's are smart enough to recognise that play when its called and that they dont over committ on the rush and leave him a gap to exploit.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
  10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
  11. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,524
  12. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Lows hit the 30's today, tonight and all week......... time for the first fire of the year, yea!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +653
    The ice dancing princess may look but can't touch ;)

14. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +653

What kind of font size is that?!

15. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +653
    Yup! An immobile QB who loses focus, gets happy feet and therefore his accuracy becomes a concern is not a good recipe for winning championships. Want proof? Go no further than Dan Marino :(

P.S. PR has much happier feet than DM.

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    It's so cold, it not only shrunk his nuts, but his fonts too! :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Are you saying that a stint on Dancing with the Stars is in his future? :D

18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Only recently given how accurate some claimed they were ;)

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    At least, we can all agree about JJ Watt....... I was :( when he got snatched early in the draft.

20. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +653
    Only if he partners up with Chuck Norris :D

21. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +653
    This fella kinda looks like a smoother version of JF

#imjustsaying:
    [​IMG]

22. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Yep. Wasn't he tagged as 'too small for a 5T' by many forum draftniks?
    Then we drafted Liuget and Reyes (to say nothing of the 3T they play at times....)

23. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Just one to make you ask..........

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Now, you're quoting from Bleacher Report??? :roflmao:

You can't deny that Rivers has stumbled of late, but there were certainly things that contributed to him forcing the issue. The last two seasons, we had the colossal special teams fiasco followed by the Manusky meltdown. It's not surprising that Rivers felt the need to try to do too much on his own. Trying to overcompensate for the shortcomings of the other aspects of the team led to throwing ill-advised passes.

I feel better about Rivers this year (despite some hiccups), because the other two units have been solid for the most part. If Rivers doesn't have to try to makeup for special teams gaffs, or a porous defense, then he can play within himself more. Having Gaither protecting his blindside should help. A clean pocket, and a balanced team will help Rivers to avoid forcing the issue and making bad plays.

26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Only when it's a decent article. They're few and far between on BR, but that one made some good points (though the throwing Charger beads on to the Mannings' lawn was a bizarre pussy move that dude should bury in his past rather than advertise).

Rivers interceptions have been poor choices. And Rivers still hasn't shown he's a guy that can be trusted in clutch situations. Some of that can be put on the OL obviously, none on the D or ST. If his 'feeling' that he has to 'do it all' is causing him to play like ****, well sorry, but that's a **** excuse. Conversely, his OLmen playing matador with opposing DEs and LBs is a very real problem.

27. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Meanwhile in a tidbit from Bronco Billy Williamson:
    Will San Diego continue to start fast? While the other three AFC West teams have had their challenges in the first quarter, San Diego has flourished. It hopes to do the same Sunday night at 0-4 New Orleans. According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Chargers have outscored their opponents by 25 points in the first quarter this season. That is the best in the NFL.

Bottom line is we are 3-1 with lots of room to improve. Most of it is depending upon player health IMHO. Very much looking forward to V. Brown's return to the receiving corps - think this was supposed to be his breakout year before the ankle. :(

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Forcing balls is always a "poor choice"....... that doesn't change the motivation behind the poor decision. If Rivers doesn't feel pressured to try to do too much (and isn't under literal pressure), then he'll be less apt to make poor decisions. Doesn't that follow?

Eli is "elite" because he's won two Super Bowls...... that doesn't change the fact that he makes just as many (if not more) ill-advised throws than Rivers. As far as I'm concerned, fans over emphasize Rivers' mistakes because he hasn't won a championship. If you win, fans forget a lot of your faults.

FYI: Rivers is #4 in completion percentage at 69.0...... can't say he's made that many bad decisions with the football this year. Rodgers is #1 with a 69.9 completion percentage. He's thrown 3 INTs to Rivers' 4.

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    I'd like to get Wright back as well....... the kid was looking good this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Jeeeezus Crikey's X ..............................is Gooey writing your posts these days ????