1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Watched the hit 5 times.........no way is that called 2 years ago, first contact made right at the "V" of his jersey and then momentum forces the helmet upwards, but still, kid needs to know the rules of the Game NOW........14 point turnarounds tend to be the difference between a Win and a Loss......sorta like it was today actually.

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,017
    Uh, Jack - "Apparently Gaither pulled his groin on the 2nd to last play - re-watched tail end of game and it sure looked like that is what happened on review" means I not only watched it, but played it back this morning. At first I thought his back was acting up again and he couldn't pull himself out because of time, turns out he pulled his groin instead according to the reports on twitter and elsewhere. If he had just sat down on the field it probably would have been smarter, but they would have run 10 seconds off the clock. Instead - he tried/failed miserably and got PR buried.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    If he was gonna get called he should've at least knocked the little bitch out. :devilish: ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    ummmmmmmmmm, yeah, can't believe it's taken one of you this long to ask that question.

Year after Year, it's the same ol' shite..........Floyd opens the game up early with long ball catch's and then isn't called again until its to fargin late !!!!!

What's it gonna take for this guy to be thrown too like Colson for example, who had 9 catches at the half ??? .......is he scared that the opponents may figure something out THEY ALREADY KNOW ???

My Gawddddd Norf, get a clue and utilise your BEST weapons more often.

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    What I didn't and still DON't understand is this Dave ............he was FARG'd the play before the sack...........how many coaches do we have on the sidelines again ???????

WHY ON GOD's green fargin' earth was he STILL ON THE FIELD for the next play ??????????????

Surely one of those useless blind as a fargin bat pricks seen the play before, I know we all did, hell, the game was still a chance to be tied up at least, wasn't like we had a 100 yds to the EZ .........

Hell thought Gaithers played one heck of a game again overall, his presence out there is much larger than I'd ever given the big Puss credit for to be honest and NO football player likes to take himself out of a game, especially when it's on the line as it was at that stage.........that's where a COACH or member of the coaching staff earns his pay check.

Thought it was another perfect example of "panic on the sidelines" from where I sat.

OK, gotta get some sleep here...........have much more to add, but that can wait till the morning, should be an easy day at work I do believe............till then.

6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Never bad to bet against Cutler. Also the Seahawks didn't exactly blow the Panthers out of the water now did they? In fact, the Panthers still were in it late. So let's not pretend it was a sure thing, especially given how 'great' the Hags are ;)

7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    And we still don't have a decent backup for him...

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    And went down harder than he does on the pool boy...

9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    The D did allow a long drive after that play. Could have been just a lost pick 6 if the defense showed up the rest of the game.

10. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Anyone else concerned about Gates?
    I am wondering if letting Jackson walk had allowed the opponents to take him away from rivers...

I wish Norv would have stayed with Battle in the 2nd QRT in the red zone
    1st and goal at the NO 6 battle gets 4 yards to the 2 yard line
    2nd down at the two! time out by rivers
    then two incomplete passes
    we settle for a FG

When can Carr take Casons job!

11. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416

We gave Brees the kick in the *** he needed ....... He picked up his game at that point! :poop:

12. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Doesn't matter--if this team wants to improve, they need to find ways to stop teams like the Saints. You know, teams without a head coach ;)

13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +521
    I'd say we are pretty much on par with them on that note :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    The Saints picked it up we did not...... :rolleyes:

15. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +521
    I'm not a big subscriber to conspiracy theories. With that said, it is not inconceivable to imagine that the Refs were "directed" to be more lenient toward the Saints and harsher on the Chargers. I will not get into the politics of this statement as it will contradict my own opening sentence :D

The call in Ingram was the correct call under the rules. Now, Brees is shorter than listed at 6 feet (I actually stood next to him once in 2001 when he was just drafted and was a relative unknown, when he was at an auto auction I went to) and it is not too difficult to get caught with that call when you are a LB launching into him. Did he play act too? Of course he did, as that is within his "job" description, as Rivers would have done the exact same thing!

What gets to me is that we are acting like the Refs screwed us out of a score or something. No people! We were behind and even if our chances were decent to go ahead and score to equalize the game, the fact still remains that it was not a gimme! The Refs screwed us out of the "opportunity" to score but we screwed ourselves out of a W against that farging Saint team with Brees, which we have never beaten with Norf & Rivers. It really makes my stomach churn that Brees sets records on us and we have not had the kind of pride and emotions to stick it to him for a full 60 minutes, EVER! :mad: :mad: :mad:

16. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +521
    With that said, the ability and the spirit of this team to come back from behind seems to be a thing of yesteryears :(

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I think your skirting the obvious here though aren't you ?

He simply LOST AGAIN, have no interest in by "how much", thats totally irrelevant, tell me what his W/L is as a QB in the NFL ?

And as for Cutler ?...........ummmm yeah, good call agan mate. :D

Are Indy "great" ?.....are the Rams ? ....are KC ?..................ofcourse they are't, yet they're still won games that no one gave then a chance in hell to do...................semantics my friend, package it however you like, a turd still stinks, whether its naked or suited up in a Tux. ;)

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Shite NO ................ what, Floyd or even Meachem on yesterday's performance aren't worth opponents paying them any respect ?............... if Norf just remembered they are on the team for all 4 quarters and NOT just the 1st, maybe you would see Gates more open down the stretch because his Coach was smart enough to know that teams will probaby be targetting him late, but NO, not us ....................lets put them all in cotton wool for next week. :rolleyes:

I honestly believe that may have been Mathews BEST showing as a Charger..........................loved the hardness with which he ran the ball and his awareness as to where to run looked 100% on what Ive seen at other times. Stayed behind blockers, ran North/South when he should of, cut outside when the opportunity arose..................hell, even seen him make a few good blocks also (may have missed the odd one still) and he looked like he wanted to be in there competing, which is the best thing of all.

Meachem finally showed some ability, obviously his best game in a Charger uni ......now lets see that on a weekly basis.

Liuget was a terror ..............pushing guys backwards constantly was nice to see for a change, good aggressive game, now the same goes for him, lets see that attitude every week, not just once in a blue moon.

No need to really say much about the Secondary, think I made my points about them after last year and all of that has held true ........... Jam Jam tries his heart out, but as stated last year, just isn't up to playing against these tall, wirey types with speed anymore, that move to safety should have at least been tried out in the preseason and thats NO joke anymore.

Do I seriously even need to bring Cason's name up ?...............was anyone here wrong about this guy or what ?

Gilchrist tried hard, have no problems with his effort at all........

Can someone tell me what the purpose of this Johnson guy is on our team ????

I don't care how many times he screws up, if playing Ingram ahead of this guy wouldn't have more positives than negatives, then I guess I don't know shite about this game ................ get him in and leave him there, its not brain surgery Coach.
    Thought Reyes did OK again also, in fact, for 44 minutes / 30 seconds the team played some beautiful football, it really did, guys who have been AWOL were having their best outings for some time.......

Then, as has been the case for how many years now (?) ...............it all went dreadfully wrong.

This isn't a coincidence peeps, blame refs (yes, those calls against Gates were horrid), blame karma, blame Kimmy missing getable Figgies for all I care if that makes you feel better .................but there's still been one constant through all of this the last 4 years and until someone that matters takes notice of this, nothing about this team will ever change.

worktime guys, have a good one.

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054

hahahahahahaha, tell me the last time this team came from behind to win a game ????

You've got one hell of a memory if you CAN my friend.

Hows that go again ? ........................Frontrunners or Downhill-skiers are both perfect descriptions of our poor Chargies Im afraid to say Poofersoria. :(

20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    The packaging is your usual bullsheet.:p Picked the Panthers because I thought they'd beat Seattle at home. Nothing more than that.
    The Cam thing is done and over. You were wrong. You keep trying to find new angles on it, because you can't admit you were wrong, but it's not like that's a rare thing around here ;)

21. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +521
    I'm going on a whim here only based on what I remember! Against the Titans in the 2008 POs?

22. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    Actually, I can recall a game the Chargers had a come from behind win (so many dirty jokes at this point).
    November 1st, 2010 at home against the Titans.
    I know because I was there. I just hope my good luck follows me to the Q. I'm 3/3 for the Yankees games I went to last week. I'm hoping for another turnout next Monday.

23. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Week 1 vs Vikings last year was a comeback. Course, that was a 'why the **** didn't we have the lead to start with?' comeback.

Clearly though, this is a team with 4th quarter issues. Frankly, it's on Norv. He gets puckered almost as much as Marty did.

24. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
  25. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,402
  26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,402
    I try not to get too worked up about stuff I don't control, but this loss is a bitter one. From the self inflicted crap to the biased officiating, this loss stinks to high heaven. :mad:

I feel slightly better that Gaither has a groin injury and not a reoccurrence of his back issues. At least the groin should have a normal timetable of recovery.

27. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    The play by play from last drive of the 3rd quarter on reads like a train wreck.

****, I expected the result from this game, but I didn't expect the Bolts to get up by 10 then leave the building.
    Usually looking forward to the next game after a loss, but I'm not looking forward to the 4th quarter next Monday night. I expect another train wreck.
    I am looking forward to Blitzy trying to move back up the NN list after Jack knocked him off the #1 pedestal. :)

28. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    So much for the 'we did bad stuff and we have to improve' quotes.
    Once they start sounding like they did last season, ****.:confused:

29. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
  30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,402
    The Chargers showed that they have the talent to beat a team like the Saints...... and should have. But they also showed that they are very much a work in progress.

Remember, the Giants were floundering around for much of the season last year, before they put it together for their playoff run. The Chargers don't look that bad to start. A win at home Monday night will do wonders for team and fan morale.

What bugs me most, is the team puts in some of their worst performances when I've done some of my best OGDT work. I guess I should just half-*** it this week. ;)