1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    It worked!

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,421
    Let me know when Jack admits he was wrong about something. ;)

3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I'm gonna pin both you bastages down tonight :roflmao:

4. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Jack would need to remember what he said 1st :whistling:

5. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +545
    You and I must have been watching different games (I do believe in the theory of multiverses ;) )

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,421
    Hint....... Jack said that Gates has never going to be the same player again after the foot injuries. ;)

7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I've got him on the Cam Newton = Jamarcus Russell statement. The Gates thing is all yours--he'll argue that one endlessly.

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    jayzus, the internet has bridged the multiverse gap? Gore must be proud. ;)

9. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,421
    You're belief that the Chargers couldn't have scored at the end if the refs hadn't interfered shows a fracture in your logic. The Chargers made multiple long passes that got called back. If they counted, they could've easily have been in scoring range. To assume they couldn't have converted is merely negative thinking, not a factual statement.

Multiverses also assumes that in one (at least), there is an intelligent version of Jack. Kinda blows up that theory. :D

10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    No one said they couldn't have scored, just that it wasn't a 100% certainty. Or even a 90% certainty given our RZ %.
    Whereas for sure Bolts win if Hochuli makes the right call.

Throwing in 'yeah buts' regarding how much the Chargers D sucked after the Hochuli call doesn't change that if he made the right call, game over.

The Chargers may very well have won last night if the refs were perfect. But they may have blown it as well. In regular time, OT, whatever. Loads of uncertainty there.

11. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +545
    Not everyone who subscribes tothe Multiverse theory believes that there are different versions of events and outcomes in the other verses. I do also agree that the possibility of the existence of an intelligent Jacko in another verse is an improbabale task to postulate :D

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +545
    With the existence of dark matter and dark energy in an expanding universe, mathematical models do not repudiate such possibility. Al Gore has nothing to do with that Math ;)

13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,421
    No such thing as 100% certainty (even in the Hochuli game). We've seen Rivers botch a simple snap before (and he's not the only QB to do so). They still needed to run out the clock, regardless. As long as there's time left in a game, and you're only up one score, anything can happen.

I never said the Chargers would win if the refs called a decent game. What I protested was that they weren't given a fair opportunity to do so.

14. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +545
    We all share your protest, but opinions vary on the degree of probability of winning that Saints game, after blowing a 10 point lead to a 7 point deficit. It really depends on one's level confidence in our O and as for me, I could see ensuing sacks and possible fumble by River as their front 7 had our OL beaten toward the end.

15. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    We've seen Rivers botch a snap on the handoff, not on a kneeldown. Let's just call it 99.99% that they were going to win if Hochuli made the right call. Far different than last night.
    I agree about the refs taking away opportunity. Just rewatched the last 2 drives. Really, I could see the Gates PI getting called occasionally by officials in the middle of the game, but that's chintzy in that situation. The worse phantom call was the holding on Hardwick that nullified Floyd's reception. He simply didn't hold the guy. THAT one needs explanation from the NFL.

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,421
    Who knows, if those plays counted, Gaither might not have even hurt his groin....... things would've unfolded differently. That was my point.

The Chargers were moving the ball, they were just getting their plays called back. I saw nothing that said they couldn't have scored on that drive (without the refs interference). In overtime, anything could've happened.

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,421
    I used to think that the NBA and NFL were similar, in that when it came down to the end of games, that the refs allowed the players to decide the outcome. The refs rightly (or wrongly in our case) were way too hands on at the end of that game.

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,421
  19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +545
    I grant you that sort of stuff happens more often as the distances to complete over get longer because of penalties and QBs have to drop back several more steps to make those longer throws. My hunch is that we would probably not have seen any of those penalties called, if the Saints were driving and the situation was reversed (if anything, it would have been called a defensive penalties on the Chargers)

20. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,019
  21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,421
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Maybe Conc decided your post needed some "help" and tweaked it? <runs off yelling "conspiracy">

You were most certainly correct - a very positive sign that Florio isn't truly insane. ;)

Speaking of "conspiracy" - have now wasted a full day on how much zebras do suck a fargin root. If they had thrown the flag earlier in the game when that guy was climbing Gates like a fargin ladder in the end zone? - the team would have been driving for a win instead of a tie. It wasn't just the last two minutes - those were just the most obvious of their effort to help poor Drewy and his boiz. <spit>

23. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,058
    What area exactly was I being negative in ?

I thought I handed the result very calmly and in total control .......................that comes after years of watching and having the ability to develop a 6th sense about a franchise ................ mind you, reading this team isn't the toughest assignment one could be given. ;)

Predictablily in this instance is a very big NoNo.

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,058
    That all sounded totally fresh to me ....... :roflmao:

I wouldn't even waste my time anymore listening to those aftergame Pressers .....................its time you can never get back in this lifetime Ringo ......................go find something productive to do with your life .............. surely something else in the house needs a damn good "dremmelling" ????? ;)

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,058

Nahhh, I got a better idea ................... just leave it to Lancelot again, he seemed to handle it with ease for memory. :)

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,058
  27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sunday night's loss is all on Em Diggy. He picked us to win. At least I think he did.

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,058
    Yeahhhh......good luck my friend, I'd suggest going out on Sunday down at the Gaslamp, having a lovely meal and getting sloshed beyond recognition, then while still relatively drunk, head for the Murph on Monday and stumble from Tailgate party to Tailgate party, enjoying any freebie you can muster..................then head into the game, take a 3 hour doze and be sure too wake for the aftergame commisseration pissups in the Parking Lot and talk about ..."What could of been"

That sounds like the perfect weekend for you PUMP ....... :D

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,058
    OK, I'll play along Bucko ......

Who the farg is Em Diggy ????

Has River's gone Gansta on us ????

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He provides video analysis & predictions for all NFL games every week & posts the Charger-related ones here.

You should get out more.