1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Here's what I have noticed and observed in my 52 years of watching sports very closely .......

NEVER and please, that is NOT an embellishment of any kind in this instance, in all my time of watching sports of many varied types have I EVER seen an umpire or ref in any sport NOT make a bad call at some point during a contest ........ just like the players who compete and often fargup, they are human and therefore prone to human error on occasion.

Those calls late in the game were absolutely fargin horrid, no question whatsoever and hopefully that crew was roasted over those calls by whoever oversee's the bastards over there, but refs and umpires don't cost you games, players and coaches NOT executing to their potential lose games and only fans looking for excuses would see it any other way.

Fans can make excuses wfor their beloved team and players all they like, has never changed a result yet to my knowledge and more importanly, NEVER WILL.

You know the best way to never have to worry about a bad call down the stretch or letting a ref "decide a game" if that suits better ........... perform up to standard for the previous 59 minutes and the opponent wont be in a position to cause an upset and also ref's decisions will be irrelevant and quickly forgotten and unable unduly influence the outcome.................quite simple really. ;)

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    This pooftah has his Ol Man now giving interviews to the Press on his behalf ??? :eek:

I figured we seen the last of him when he was implicated in that whole " I may have pimped out my Son to the highest bidder in College, but I'm not about to admit" scheme ;)

So what now, he's taken over as his PR director ?

Yo Daddy O ........................how about you cut the apron strings dude and get a life of your own and stop living vicariously through that pooftah Son of yours, surely you've sucked enough out of him by now you parasite, how about you go find a real job and leave him to underwhelm all by himself !!!! :D

"But he's still better than Jamarcus"

Hmmm, lets just look at the facts shall we .......

Games started ....

Russell ..... 25

Newton .... 21

Win Loss record :

Russell .... 7 and 18

Newton ... 7 and 14

Seems by those numbers that its NOT quite as clear cut as you'd like everyone to believe, hell, another month and those numbers could well be identical, then what ????

Maybe that bronze bust for Canton should be put on hold for the time being ? :rolleyes:

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Really ???......................Hmmm, I don't recall anyone taking my side as far as Cason was concerned back in those days !!!

I do recall all those ......."oh c'mon Jack, give the kid some time" types, I know BLEW was indeed one of those ;)

Oh hell, Shammy was wrong on how many of those duds he loved to say were treated badly by the fanbase .......Clary was his favorite no doubt among many, hell, I recall him and a few others even defending fargin Cromartie (you included) by saying something along the lines of ............"I couldn't give a Rats tossbag what he does off the football or what type of character flaws he has, as long as he comes to play on a Sunday, thats all I care about"

Guess my questioning of how his character flaws WOULD affect his game weren't to far off the mark afterall.

Ring any bells ??? :whistling:

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I'm sure you seen my earlier reply in relation to how I feel about ref's deciding game outcomes Ringo................ totally overblown by disillusioned fans making excuses for their team underperforming, end of story.

By the way, "affecting an outcome" and " costing us a game" are two very very different scenerio's in my book.

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    No I can't say that because I have no way of foreseeing "what could of been if only...." ....... BUT he didn't get it right and therefore we lost ................. surely just like the Pack losing that game the other week was a huge miscarriage of justice, it doesn't matter that the wrong call was made, it happens now, has in the past and will continue to happen in the future.

For the life of me I have never understood with all this modern technology in the games these days, why governing bodies refuse to overturn results that are obviously 100% incorrect and until they do, there will always be scandalous results that piss peeps off, but also ofcourse, keep the game on the front page of the newspapers too lets not forget. ;)

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Not yet ......

Fargin "Rookie of the Year" !!! :rolleyes: ............hell, did he make the Pro Bowl too ???

I put as much weight behind that as his Heisman :roflmao: ..........hell, all those awards are nothing more than a fargin popularity contest, they hold as much water as these reality shows that base the winner upon what the public votes ......... in other words, they are total bullshit, not worthy of the line they get in the daily newspaper.

p.s ...................Hell, for my money there were a hell of alot more overrated QB's than Testaverde for what its worth ..........

Lets throw such glorified names out there like Torretta, Weinke, Wuerffel, Couch, White and Leinhart for starters ............:roflmao:

Each one of those superstars made Vinny look like fargin Montana if you ask me. ......hell, throw Todd Marinovich in there as well for good measure and a laugh if you like .....................

Hmmmm, maybe Cam's Ol'Man will turn out to be the next Marv Marinovich and get an ESPN Doco in 15 years ???? ..........ofcourse they'd have to be willing to fork out a fair amount of cash for that priveledge though. :whistling:

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    He did ????

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    You should have gone with "Drunk as a skunk" .... at least that way you had an excuse like our Chargers.

Farg those officials, corksoakers one and all. :D

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Fixed it .... :D

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Is that an Aussie crapper or Yank one ????

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha ....I just knew I should have read on before posting !!!.......Nice one Dave. :tup:

Jimmy Carter made Liver pills ???? .................Hmmm, I thought he just grew peanuts.

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Now this I can agree with you on 100% ...............so take that Ringo !!!! :p

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Is that the reason you molested my nutsack ????

OK, its all making much more sense to me now.

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    NICE !!!!!!! .......... this boy's done his homework, I can admire that.

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Only a 13 1/2 hour day at work ......... things are looking up !!!! :rolleyes:

A man 's gonna need to retire here shortly or collapse from sheer exhaustion ;)

Time for a few winks before we do it all over again ......................isn't life grand.

16. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Hell yeah I said that.
    Frankly I don't see how it's this slam dunk connection. Ray Lewis was a total **** when he was younger, yet a great player. Cason is an upstanding citizen, yet worse than Cromartie. If Cro was a cancer in the locker room, fine, get rid of him. But right now, on the field, he's playing better than any of our CBs. So he isn't quite the bust some would have us believe, now is he? ;)

17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Two different things is right. Yep refs always screw up and teams need to deal with that. Totally agree. Happens at every level of play in every sport. I tell the kids I coach in hockey and baseball that almost every game.

Different than when they cost a team a game. Of you're going to be tight about the definition of 'alter the outcome' then it's a profoundly stupid statement to say refs alter the outcome. That's their job. Even by enforcing the rules, they 'alter the outcome'. A pigeon ******** on Norv could 'alter the outcome.'

18. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    Half a day no big deal! :)

19. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    No just wanted to see if you had one

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606

Excellent. So if Cam wins one more game you'll admit you were wrong.
    :abq1::abq2:

21. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Are those wanks 100% or 99.99%? ;)

22. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    Russell had 3 full seasons and Cam 1.5 seasons.....

Sorry Mate Ringo has your nut sack on this one! :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    So you make my point for me ......lets see where he's at after 3 seasons before jumping to conclusions, that's what I've Ben saying all along.

Better him than you by the way, he may know how to better one in the correct manner with any sort of luck, unlike yourself.

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Was a time when they were without doubt 100%, but these days I'd be happy with 50% to be honest.........the mind is willing, but I'll be damned if anything else comes to the party.

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    But what if he loses his next 5 ?????......kids a big soft pussy who is nothing but a total downhill skier, mark my words.

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Good to see you've taken this time out of late to polish those mathematics skills of yours.

27. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Arguing whether Cam is worse than Russell isn't really the point. Few QBs are as bad as Russell was, but will Cam ever live up to all his hype?....... that's the real question. So far, he's looked pretty flawed as a starter. Great athlete, but has an inflated ego and questionable leadership skills. The jury is still out on whether he'll develop into a real franchise QB.

28. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    Jack have you watched them both play the game?

Russell = Leaf....... I could see.... Oh by the way who the hell is "Ben"?

29. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Michael Gehlken@UTgehlken
    Ryan Mathews, Jared Gaither (groin) and Jeromey Clary not practicing. Are taking mental reps. Light practice today with Monday game schedule

Nate Kaeding (groin) didn't do much more today than he did last week. Nick Novak took every kick at start of practice.

Shareece Wright practicing for first time since Sept. 10 high ankle sprain. Corey Liuget (knee) and Vaughn Martin (stinger) also practicing.

30. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Winning %? That doesn't really tell the whole story. Number of years played? That doesn't either.
    Fact is, if the kid has more wins then the fat man in a shorter time than staypuft was in the league, then he's better by that particular metric.
    Throw in stats and it's a slam dunk.
    And he could still very well be a big soft passy.