1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    hahaha a little late on the save there mate.

2. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Actually donko fans are complaining about Fox being too conservative. They're not happy unless it's a college football style stomping. Yet the Donks still sell out every game, good season or bad. Funny that.

3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    No question that Peyton is a better leader than Rivers, hell the guy is one of the best leaders the game has ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Well I'm not about to start comparing Rivers to Manning Blew, that's a no brainer for certain and Manning in my books, ranks very easily in the games Top 5 of all time, which Fillerup will never achieve unfortunately.

As for him being able to "run a game" !!!!!......have no doubt in my mind that he was capable of doing that mate, the fact he doesn't do all the things Manning does on the sidelines, may have more to do with the simple fact that he knows he's never going to be allowed that role, so why bother "coaching the troops" during their time on the side, when Norf is gonna call the plays regardless ?

Rivers hit me very early as a thinking mans QB, but if anything, Turners offensive mindset has dumbed the guy down over the years, certainly not taken him to greater heights as many would have you believe.

And ofcourse it goes without saying that Elway has had a huge input to what is happening in Denver this year ......... Smart people make good decisions BLEW, be it football or business, that's why he didn't flinch at taking a chance with Manning.......paying off rather handsomely at the moment for him, I must say.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,401
    The real question is if the Broncos brought in somebody other than Peyton Manning, would they be seeing the same success they're currently enjoying?

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,401
    I thought pussies were a good thing. :confused:

7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
  8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Someone other than Tim Tebow you mean? ;)

Funny thing was that he worked well in Fox's system, despite the < 50% completion rate.

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    The "wait and see" approach I was referring to Ringo are those that want to give a bloke a lifetime to show us if he has it not .... Lets be reasonable here shall we....
    Ofcourse no one should be judged on 1 year of play and certain positions also seem to have the need for a longer period to show ones worthiness as to whether they can succeed at this level, but it seems the Chargers are the very best as far as giving blokes too long a rope to prove themselves, when it's quite obvious to everyone but the FO, that they are indeed fargin' bums.

As far as RYNO goes mate ........ I think I've seen enough to call that one NOW ....... He's no bum by any means, but he'll be just "a player" at this level, at his very very very best I do believe. ;). ( quite happy for the kid to prove me wrong though)

10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Depends on what they're doing ;)

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054

Is there such a thing ????? ;)

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Why even bother bringing that point up ? ...... It's totally moot.

And the answer just for shits&giggles .......FARG NO .... ;)

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Well that depends .....

If this fargin brute that I seem to have adopted, keeps scratching and biting the shitouttame the way she is ..... Then NO

If Deev returns ........ Then YES. :)

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054

Ummmmmm.......that would probably be more relevant to the Chargers IF we even had a 3rd string QB I do believe....... As far as depth at positions goes ....... We kinda lack in that department also.

In other words ....... Bet your life savings on the Steelers this week, it's gonna be ugly, major arsewhipping coming up.

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    He certainly worked better there than in Sexy Rexys scheme ......... Whatever the farg that is ??????

Gotta be one of the more intriguing trades of all time that one ........ Why would you trade for a guy and have absolutely NO interest in playing him, even when your starter is a total waste of space ???

Lets see ???? ........ Publicity maybe ????

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Your Missus told me in regards to you of late ......... "Very little". :)

17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    More her fault than mine, on both counts ;)
    Did I tell you her nickname was Lorena?

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,401
    People are quick to forget in all their Norv hatred, that our choices for HC at that time was basically a choice between Norv, Ryan, and Rivera...... and Norv was the only one with any HC experience.

Of course, if we had an owner that didn't wait until the 11 9/10 th hour to fire Marty, we would've had a much wider field of candidates to choose from, but who's complaining. ;)

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.......they love to play the "blame game", don't they .... ;)

Lorena hey ???? ....no you didn't.

Is that in honor of Lorena Ochoa, the Mexican golfer by any chance ???

Swings a vicious 9 iron I'm lead to believe. :)

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Exactly BLEW, they have no one to blame but themselves for that fargin debacle.......That entire situation was the beginning of the rot setting in and they are paying a hefty price for their decisions, both on field and in the hip pocket.

Absolutely ZERO compassion here for Spanos .....he gave AJ far to much power and control, simply because he himself didn't have the football nouse to make such decisions and never will.

I don't have any "hate" for Turner, he is what he always was ........ a OC trying to pretend he's a HC ...... Which has been proven time and time and time again, he's NOT.

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Oh damn !!!!

Just found this story in our papers here ....

Dallas Cowboys' NFL star Josh Brent charged over teammate Jerry Brown's death.

Yet another incident involving a drunk behind the wheel ...... It simply never ends, does it.

Incredible !!!!

22. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,401
    I'll take that as a non-endorsement for drinking and driving.

If only the NFL players knew that such things as cabs and car services existed. But then again, how could they afford cab fare on their measly salaries?

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Oh ofcourse, but then it wouldn't be cool to do such a thing, now would it .... Why on earth would you pay for a Bentley or tricked-up Hummer and NOT take it out to the clubs to impress ???? (Drunk or not simply doesn't even come into the equation, they are all bulletproof remember)

How else are these clowns supposed to show the world and young available chicks, that they are loaded and willing to spend ?

God knows that would make to much sense these days.

Hope he gets the maximum jail time the law permits, then a few may JUST (Wouldnt put a cent on it though) get a clue.

24. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,017
    OK, I admit it, you guys have me playing "fantasy Chargers football" 2013 style. Part of it most certainly involves a top-5 O-line that knows how to drive-block again. The other part involves a new Offensive Coordinator smart enough to let PR occasionally take over, call his own plays, and run a hurry-up offense for extended periods. A new Michael Turner type RB to help carry the load.... and so forth.

Egad! Please don't wake me up!!! :geek::barefoot::geek::cool:

I won't comment on the DUI/manslaughter stuff - y'all already know how I feel on that old crap. At least he didn't have a Coronado cop out playing cowboy, following him home and shooting him.

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    While just talking about car incidents, check out this "way to close to home" one from yesterday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-in-horror-crash/story-e6frf7kx-1226532860581

That overpass you see in the pics, is where I enter the highway from on the way too Melbourne everyday, including yesterday......

I seen the PoPo and orange cones as I entered the Hwy, but had no idea that 100 yds in my reareview mirror, Emergency crews were extracting the bodies of all the dead at 7.30am, apparently it took over 8 hours to get all the bodies out from that mangled Blue Subaru wreck...................even more shocking is that the driver and one other passenger survived.

I still find it hard or almost impossible to believe that the woman driving the car on the wrong side of the highway, was able to go that far without being apprehended...................she had too of travelled at least 15 miles or more before the collision occured and from all reports, many others called police to report the mayhem she creating and danger she was creating.

This highway is very similar in size and build to Hwy 5 in San Diego, just so you have an idea .......

The woman obviously had some type of deathwish and decided she was taking out others as well ....... sad sad world we live in.

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Good Gawd man !!!! .............. you are taking this badly, aren't you.

I could never be "that bothered", even in the darkest of hours when #16, Horatio Leafblower was leading us into oblivion. :D

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,401
    Where does the phrase "queerer than a Werribee duck" fit into that story?

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,401
    If Tolbert had stayed, the running game may've (before the O-line collapse) actually been respectable this year. Though he has ability, I don't think Mathews will ever be healthy enough to be a feature back the way LT was. He needs help, and a tandem would be a nice move. Brown was too old to be much more than a 3rd down back, and we needed a grinder. Battle didn't seem to have the stamina that a younger Tolbert had. It's all wishful thinking for the future at this point. Our goose has already been cooked.

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    hahahahahahahahaaaaaaa .....there ya go getting your cliches mixed up again Blew .............

Its ..... "In more shite than a Werribee duck" (seeing as thats where the local shite farm resides ;))

"A" for effort though ...... :tup:

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I was big on acquiring "The Law Firm" in FA, but alas, that wasnt to be ....... with Ryno's questionable durability issues, they should have gone after a more proven RB than either Battle or Brown, but I'm sure the asking price was way to exorbitant for Spanos to consider.